When the lights finally go out at Xojo

Many users yelled at them to make bug fixes and add basic functionality, they instead just made stupid changes.

We all see many users leaving and we know that those stupid changes will not “lure” new users as they are supposed to do.

So, this is a situation where you laught instead of cry.

2 Likes

Hmm, I stopped wining, started to write my Stuff with Java, having my Desktop Apps running, having my mobile Apps IOS and ANDROID running, having my Webapps running. So. Everything is nice.

3 Likes

The title of this thread made me laugh. I couldn’t resist taking a screenshot of my attempt to search TOF earlier today.

Maybe you all have it wrong (smiling) - there is so much activity taking place on TOF that the site was under extreme load and search had to be disabled to steady the ship.

Don’t worry, activity has now steadied and search has recovered…

1 Like

Sorry, that overload may have been my fault as I did indeed hit F5 a couple of times. I thought my browser was frozen as I didn’t see any activity on TOF for a couple of hours… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A cheap one core server can cause that with 3 users… Maybe they upgraded the server after the last discounted sales week, after such event they always have some cash injection. Other possibility was a clean up activity, they are selectively erasing content they dislike, and while they were doing it, maybe they disabled the search.

1 Like

I don’t think that they have done such big invest. There was a Search by a dozen of users so the search engine was out of order. And @Rick.A the cheap one core server: is that possible to buy? I mean are there outside running servers with a one core CPU younger then three years? Who would build something like that…? I like more to believe to @Alwaysbusy 's theory of pressing a few times F5…and the Server broke down

single core VPS exist
Xojo Cloud sells one
Digital Ocean sells one
Pretty sure AWS has one
for light work loads it might be way more than adequate

Every time you fire a new VM, you choose the virtual hardware, and 4 steps are the major ones for a clean install in any Cloud provider: 1. #of virtual cores, 2. Memory size, 3. size of the virtual Disk, and 4. OS to be installed.
One core and 1GB RAM is an usual cheap setup for tests, and even very simple and light tasks.

In no way I believe they had some setup like that, I was kind of joking, but, they, for sure, could have an undersized environment and that reflected on that incapacity to properly serve the forum website with such small access.

No idea what transpired but several people I know had issues

It could have just been a hickup in the software. Maybe we (again) see general issues where we “like” to see them…? :wink:

1 Like

You are absolutely right! We’re just joking around a bit… #LifeIsToShort

2 Likes

Surely general issue; no, I don’t like to see them. :grin:

1 Like

I think that wasn’t a general issue and only a short time problem. They where resolving it, everything okay.