Totally off topic poll for the week of May 16 - 22, 2021

Yeah no more info that this
Let the debate begin

• Tabs
  • Spaces

0 voters

Lazy people choose tabs instead of 2, 3, or more spaces…

I choose Tabs while it is not more comfortable but it is more secure in programming for example when using python

1 Like

You can reliably identify beginners by their use of spaces instead of tabs … in Word … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Spaces are reliable, the columns are always at the exact same place independently of the editors and settings. I type tabs and shift-tabs (backwards) but my editor always convert the results to spaces.

Tabs must be avoided in a text only content when exact columnar disposition is important, for example, Python. PEP 8 -- Style Guide for Python Code | Python.org

The missing f is my favorite typo of the day.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a Both option in the poll. I generally use Tabs for code indentation and spaces for Comments indentation.

I am using tincta and tincta pro and I press tab which convert to space… so which one should I click on?? tab or space??

who uses spaces OR tabs - thats what customer rulers with leading spacing is for :slight_smile:

nope - no wishy washiness here
pick one :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.