TOF: Including function names

I anticipate a preliminary community release by the end of the week that’s about to start. :slight_smile:

@mcombatti, Don’t see any downloads yet. Do you have plans to release the software.

Do you remember Xojo Developer’s Spot?

I said earlier he always over-promises and under-delivers.

Seems like more of the same …

Last Updated 2019 shows on the Site. A bit outdated News possibly… :slight_smile:

Nope. That’s called “having a track record”. He has been doing it for as long as I know of him.

Pops in
Claims to have solved all the worlds woes
Would show it to us but … NDA/not quite done etc
Disappears for more months ?

Yup
Same MO

That strange 365 day license of his also rings alarm bells. XDS had an app for collecting snippets, so people used to enter them and submit them … except then he disappeared and the app stopped working after a while. I still have it here on my Mac Pro - should probably just delete it.

New Community release 1.3.3 has been made available as of yesterday. There was a 60 day testing period as the framework had been updated to Xojo 2.0 which caused a few issues needing to be resolved… probably a few still to rear their head. Also, all licensing has been removed and serial keys are no more :slight_smile:

Apologies for my silence as I’ve been working endless hours on multiple projects. BabelFish Studio is being released free for personal or commercial use. As I have time available this weekend and the upcoming week(s), I’ll be adding demo sources, tutorials, and finishing the platform specific dependency installers (iOS, mac requires Xcode , Android requires java and Android SDK, etc). In the meantime I’ve added basic dependency setup and in the IDE under tools menu, can be found the “Platforms Dependency Tool” … Which is currently a base for what will be the auto dependency checker/installer :slight_smile: since I’ve been the only one using the studio primarily for the last 7 years, I’ve had no need to add any sort of dependency installer for others…but it’s in the works.

See the forum post at Babelfish.studio for current infos as they’re released. Hope everyone is doing great! Once the studio code has been fully cleaned up… I may migrate the IDE to OS domain if developers find it of value.

**Initial community release comes with 117 base controls and 289 plugins to access every sort of hardware and 3rd party APIs. You may also pull plugins from other developers by using the NPM ID or GitHub link. (There’s a LOT more available than what’s included in the IDE).

For those interested in looking its at https://www.babelfish.studio

1 Like

Is it me or does it offers pretty much the same things as Ionic?

1 Like

Indeed it supports ionic as well…and also has ionic base controls added (see ionic filter in IDE to show only ionic controls…can use react, Vue, any framework really. :slight_smile: supports Cordova, and phone-gap plugins as well. Full support for Electron and nodeJS cross platform. The only major difference is that Monaco and ionic have migrated solely to online development platforms, and their fine print includes “reuse” of any code you add within their platform. So in the end, even if you develop a proprietary app on those platforms that you’re paying money to use, they still have access to your code and may eventually release additions based on your work, without your consent. #TOS The other major difference is, Monaco, ionic, etc also only support base OSs (see their features - Windows and MacOSs have been deemed obsolete in those frameworks…Linux is up next ), and charge for plugins which are truly free via NPM and most already wrapped into the studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: BabelFish was designed to support PWAs using the same base code throughout without os specific modifications as with other frameworks. The modifications are made ‘under-the-hood’ during build-time without user intervention, as normally required. Try it out. As is, it’s served me well for the last few years, but definitely needs some expansion for common developer use as a whole. It also integrates into Xojo applications nicely, which demos will be shared. I’ll upload the Roku Remote source I threw together today, mid-day tomorrow. Took all but maybe 15 minutes to throw together, and is ready for any and every platform :slight_smile:

** Roku Remote app demo has been uploaded to the forum at https://babelfish.studio as of yesterday afternoon.

@mcombatti : I’m sure it’s not a real danger, but just FYI (and this applies to all PWAs on osblueflame.com)

Gonna guess this will not make people flock! I certainly do not feel the need to experiment with this…

Hope you can sort

S.

Sounds like bad heuristic analysis and reporting by Norton honestly.

When in doubt, always view the underlying code before executing anything. That should always be a developer’s #1 task when obtaining new code. Never download, load, and run code without reviewing first. All code is provided in raw text format for all demos and included framework. Framework code sources can be opened in any text editor.

I’m not seeing what you’re seeing at Norton? :man_shrugging:

On a side note, the BabelFish IDE was recently updated to include the AI code assistant - much like Github’s co-pilot, but built-in to the IDE, and totally free to use within the IDE. Release schedule has been about once every 2-3 weeks for new features.

Thanks for the heads up on the false positive AV hit though. One recommendation in the future for sites you’re unsure of, run them thru multiple AVs (especially if using a known false positive offending AV like Norton). VirusTotal is a great site that will scan any piece of software or website through over 70+ top AVs instantly and provide findings. You’ll note osblueflame.com does not appear in any of the 70+ AVs at their website, not even Norton’s.

**You can also reach demo apps using their BabelFish subdomain if your AV continues to block your web access. The osblueflame.com paths are also subdomains at babelfish.studio.

Main page demos can be located at:

https://towerofhanoi.babelfish.studio
https://catsup.babelfish.studio
https://hsk1.babelfish.studio

Let me know if you have any questions or need help getting started. Apologies for the delay in response. I visit the communities about once monthly-bimonthly :slight_smile:

Not much better than an antivirus warning… :upside_down_face:

Login required for download → log-in → update your profile → updated profile → profile updated → go to site → go to downloads → login required for download → log-in → back to profile again … ???

Has anyone managed to check this out or is this just a social experiment???

P.S. That was on my MacBook Air running macOS 12 Monterey. Funnily enough trying it on my old Mac Pro running macOS 10.14 Mojave download works as expected … but as Babelfish requires at least macOS 10.15 Catalina I can’t run it on there (but no problem transferring it to the MBA).

P.P.S. Yes, confirmed. On my MBA with Monterey I get the problem whether I click the download button up right in the menu or scroll to download on the main page and click there. No such problem on my old Mac Pro with Mojave - both bring me to Downloads…

Why have a commercial plug-in for PDF support???

Why not one of the excellent free pdf plug-ins? If it’s good enough for Firefox …