The Xojo office will close on December 22nd until January 8th

That is not a company. It is a hobby. At the very leas you rotate a few of the people out so you only have one or two people working during the holidays but you don’t shut the whole thing down.

I’m glad I’m not on Xojo cloud anymore.

2 Likes

The “shut down” seems to get longer & longer each year

In their defense. Xojo isn’t the only company to shutdown for the holidays. But all the others I’ve known about were manufacturing plants, and usually for less time than this.

I mean since Xojo doesn’t seem to do much during the year, they need “extra” vacation???

1 Like

But but but can I still get flowers ??? :stuck_out_tongue:

On the plus side, whilst they aren’t fixing any bugs they aren’t introducing any either.

Xojo Cloud - “ We monitor your server 24/7 so you don’t have to.”*

*unless it’s Christmas :rofl:

1 Like

January 8th?! We never got two weeks. I mean, I guess I can’t complain, but this feels scheduled around a vacation instead of the other way around.

1 Like

Everyone should receive a minimum of two weeks of vacation. However, it’s not advisable for an entire company to cease operations for a two-week period.

Doing so would either restrict when employees can take their vacations or add an extra two weeks to their personal time off. In either scenario, there are countless ways to ensure that some staff members are available during those days without having everyone absent.

This is especially crucial when you’re operating a 24/7 service, such as a cloud service. When we ran Macminicolo, we went to great lengths to ensure that there was a team member available 24/7, 365 days a year, and always sober. This way, even when employees were on vacation, there was always someone prepared to handle incoming calls.

Putting your customers first is Entrepreneur, 101

Perhaps that’s one of the reasons why we were able to sell the company for a “tiny little profit” :slight_smile: within just a few years.

1 Like

Right. I don’t want it to seem like I’m jealous or they don’t deserve it. But this is two weeks with the whole company shut down, on top of the fact that the company runs four days a week. That’s 200 working days a year. Most companies are 260. A US school year is 180 days.

1 Like

Well you can all rest assured that this decison by Xojo Management like all the others Geoff has made will sooner or later come to bite him in the a$$

2 Likes

Sounds as if they’re semi retired…

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and welcome to upgrade hell

sounds like he is too f*cking lazy to help the customer buy what they want… its just easier to force them into more

1 Like

Anthony’s last comment is one of the main factors as to why I decided to abandon my AppKit project, the dumb decision to go for API 2.0 and having to make a choice one or the other. Not to mention that nearly every single function had to be re-written to work with API 2.0.

It also became one of the main reasons as to why I abandoned Xojo. I’d asked Geoff for Aliases to help with this transition and after a year, nothing was done, but conversations with Geoff became more and more insulting.

I wonder if he’s been told that company moral continues to be very low and that he should do something to raise the spirits of his employees?

Perhaps he just wants a vacation and doesn’t trust anyone else to run the company his way, so he shut it down?

We can’t be sure the company will re-open on 8th January :smirk: