Swift table row selection wonky

I have a simple table… no scrolling, no sections, am using it as a “menu”
When the user taps on a row, it calls another view based on the row selected.
HOWEVER… it doesnt always return the correct row number

func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView,didSelectRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) {
   print("indexPath = \(indexPath)")
   myTableViewDelegate?.singleTapRowAt(self,indexPath:indexPath)
}

the delegate activates the next view… that isn’t the problem, the problem is indexPath is wrong
but not always :frowning: it works for a while, then returns the LAST row #, then starts working again

HELP?!

I may just replace it with 8 UIButtons instead… using a UITableview would have be more scalable if I decided to add more entries

I went with “button” instead… visually identical to what I had before

How
ODD ?

very odd… I found a “workaround”
the UITableView was the “exact” size of the devices safearea, each row was 1/8 the safeare height
Scrolling was disabled.

When it was wonky… no matter what row I tapped, it called the LAST ROW, then it called the row I tapped… TWO rows not just the one I tapped… which then of course screwed up the view stack.

I found it I made it a few pixels short, it worked much better.
but decided to change it to 8 UIButtons instead… since it was a small finite number of objects.

Now the Menu works fine, and other things are messed up.

Another view looks like this

Where each of the rounded boxes is a UIButton each with a specific TARGET (they simulate check boxes)
Where [MENU | START] is a SegmentedControl with its own Target (unrelated to the UIBUTTON)

HOWEVER, if I click one of the buttons, it THINKS I clicked the SegCtrl

I even removed all the targets… and clicking one of the boxes still flashes the SegCtrl!

THIS ALL WORKED THIS MORNING… .Arrrrrgh!

SAME THING is happening on other view with these “CheckBoxes”
and I didn’t change anything

its like the SegCtrl just commanders all clicks all of a sudden

Seems this is on ANY UIButton not just the checkbox class

… so Gremlins is the answer :wink:

I am beginning to this so… Touch ANY UIButton, and the SegmentedControl goes off instead
If I remove the SegCtrl, then the UIButtons work as specified

Strange… if compiled directly to a real device it seems to work just fine… but Simulator routes all touchevents to the Segment Control [sometimes]

you think he needed the Mogway after midnight?

Not sure if this was the reason or not… But I trashed the entire DERIVED DATA folder, and rebooted everything… Today the simulator seems to behave as expected