Sorry for being rude and not civil enough

Thanks for this constructive Idea. I already replaced it in production with Java for Desktop, Web and mobile. And yes: it helps when an API is completely consisteant and working and you do not need to workaround Bugs or work only on API changes.

“Dude” doesn’t sound right in an English accent. Neither does referring to somebody as “man”.
What do you do if you see a spacemen?
You park in it, man.

Germans are the Klingons of Earth’s Nations … :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :partying_face: :rage:

1 Like

“niche languages” was a nod to a small, ambitious but meaningless Texan programming language, just in case that wasn’t clear. The emojis fit very well ;-).

Otherwise the thread is derailed, that’s true. My point is that I don’t know what’s so difficult about moderating with equal measure, if moderating at all. That alone is amazing in a forum that is upset that other forums are moderating. It seems that almost the entire ecosystem of this programming language has some interpersonal “issues”. I no longer expect an answer, and if I do, it will be too late now.

These are, IMHO, all not good indicators for the future of Xojo’s ecosystem, and probably the reason why so many are “nervous”. But none of that helps. Not only do you have to discuss the change, you also have to actively take care of it yourself. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen very often, so we talk about nothing.

I don’t have time for another internet bubble. Who wants to contact me => try PM.

Rude, dude, Thorsten, Torsten,… This is the thread of confusion! :grin:

1 Like

I thought it was a Ball Of Confusion ?
now I’m confused

2 Likes

Well, since this is a “converation thread”, then I suppose it’s really a Ball of Thread Confusion!

Thank goodness its not threaded !
Threaded Ball of Thread Of Confusion ?

Ooh the horror !

2 Likes

C’mon - this is a programmer fourm. It should be
Ball.Thread.Confusion.Threaded()

1 Like

OMG that looks like Java !

Make that

Ball.Thread.Confusion.Threaded(Dude as String)

2 Likes

idk…I think the Dude parameter belongs to Confusion. :wink:

I believe you’re right—I just used the existing parentheses. :slight_smile:

Is it cooperative threading or preemptive threading?

1 Like

It appears to be a hybrid model, as some threads are cooperating and others are not.

It shows here how fast many of you becoming hate speakers. It is not nice to see that we came to that kind of discussion here. Apologizing and after apologizing to discuss about it. Alone the Thorsten / Torsten Discussion is not worth to think about: while it is not a discussion. It is the same as it would be an Andrew / Francis Discussion. Two different names. I can’t believe that such a discussion is coming up here. It is blaming.

The next part I can’t understand is the discussion about “dude”. It is impolite to call somebody you have no relations to “dude”. It is known that this is not a polite adressing. Especially the used context was not polite as is. So why that discussion.

And on top of that we speak about the Thread…I could not believe when I saw it first. I had to read that two times. Sorry, politeness and friendliness are different. The friendliness I was asked to provide in this forum is not provided by the people where asking for it. I really con’t understand.

Yup. That’s why I decided long ago that if they have a problem with me then it is their problem. No point in making it mine.

it should be in this forum always cooperative but it is concurrent threading. :slight_smile: