PyOxidizer

Here’s an overview. The recent release.

Quick summary:

From a very high level, PyOxidizer is a tool for packaging and distributing Python applications. The over-arching goal of PyOxidizer is to make this (often complex) problem space simple so application maintainers can focus on building quality applications instead of toiling with build systems and packaging tools

In hindsight I should have included this:

“…fully-functional Python interpreter plus Python extensions and modules in a single binary. Binaries produced with PyOxidizer are highly portable and can work on nearly every system without any special requirements like containers…”

Much like many java app packagers that bundle a JVM and all your jar files into a single “app”

For some things this may be suitable

For some it wont be

1 Like

Yeah, it’s on my list of things to follow but I recently upped my Xojo subscription to the Desktop version. My first renewal in about 4-5 years. It’s still a darn good way to build a small to medium sized application.

Good that you include the runtime, I read somewhere that Apple will be removing built in pyhton support as the merger between iOS and Mac nears its conclusion.