Plugin wishes?

Their PDF really wont hurt what yours does
Its VERY basic

1 Like

It needs to support everything they have in Graphics so you can take your page printing code and make a PDF

Otherwise people just do what they have always done - print their pages to PDF (at least on macOS)

Well IMO it need more than that… but teh Graphics glass itself needs more capabilities… In this day and age not supporting dash patterns for lines is ridiculous IMO!

-Karen

2 Likes

I had chatted with Christian about this
On macOS declares can change the way lines are drawn and seems to also affect how Object2D objects are drawn. I don’t know if it because it all uses the came drawing context or what but it seems to work.
I’m not sure this happens on Windows the same way and whether there are declares or things that can be done in a plugin that mean we could use the normal Graphics & Object2D drawing but with modified pens brushes & styles

ie/ something like this in a paint event would be nice

Paint(g as graphics, areas() as Realbasic.Rect)

g.SetPen( dashed ) // maybe set pen is an extension from a plugin ?

g.DrawLine x1, y1 , x2, y2

g.DrawObject o

end sub

and all the normal graphics functions I used then draw with this new pen (a dashed line) or something

THAT would be so nice !

From my experience, a lot of this control is already present, however it appears that Xojo seems to “reset” various things when it actually starts to draw.

I haven’t tried using dashed lines for a while, but it’s there waiting to be tested…

Edit: Just tested and it works with Xojo 2018r3.

Yeah I have a client that has lots of CG based code that works this way
It sets up a specific style for the pen then draws and it does affect how the Object2D’s are drawn
So far not so on WIndows :frowning:

1 Like

I can only suggest to draw this with DynaPDF where you can control all the drawings and it’s fast, so a temporary PDF in memory rendered to picture and drawn in window may work.

We add DirectDrawGraphicsMBS class for next plugin version.

1 Like