Perfect indication of how Xojo uses the "Reality Distortion Field"

Had a look at the ‘likes’ for Paul’s post and take note that Xojo Inc’s director of marketing appreciates and supports verbal ad-hominem attacks.

The OP made it clear that he appreciates information provided by Ivan as helpful and not as trolling.

1 Like

I wasn’t naming names, because I’m trying to keep personalities out of it. But yeah, I saw that.

1 Like

It is the Job what makes it needed to react so. And I would say: as the director you have to take care of it. They don’t do while it is their policy.

1 Like

In the end, the only thing paul did was to insult the OP intelligence trying to hide the reality. He does more damage to the company than any troll coud do. It is sad :confused: paul even tell the user to look my postings about xojo problems :man_facepalming:t2:

And for being called a troll, I share the OP opinion:

It is upon xojo to use it to improve or to be pity and feel attacked by it.

4 Likes

I always wonder how Xojo forgets that many of us also have clients and know how to behave.

If I express my anger here, it is also because I need an outlet and you are not allowed to tell the truth to your customer. The truth would be e.g.

• The bug is already fixed, but I don’t know when and if it will be rolled out.
  • When the fix is rolled out, I don’t know how quickly I can change your program because other things will have changed as well.
  • It may well be that I need more money from you first.
  • From experience I can tell you that it is very likely that bugs that have already been fixed will reappear
1 Like

Could be that Paul is having an off day (he also locked another thread on TOF earlier today). I’ve never met him, but he’s always struck me as an even keeled, live and let live sort of person. His remarks and actions today strike me as out of character.

Xojo Inc decides what can be discussed or not. That’s fine as their ‘forum’ is their property. It is just not a forum in the proper sense of the term forum and it became an unpleasant and saddening corporate venue.

There is the difference Torsten: their Support Forum WAS never a user community and will never be a user community but a Vendor Support Forum where they spare the Support while users giving the Support to the users. Or - in other words - Companies like Oracle, Azul, Liberica-Bell-Soft, SAP and others giving Support, even CodenameOne has a Support Chat. They have a forum where users helping users. Correct help or not: has nothing to do with. There is no quality assurance for the help and there is no assurance that the help will work or destroy. Only thing you have: at the end NO customer Support. A few times you can read Support by the employees. That is rare and seldom. While the users are doing the Job they don’t need Support Agents, having no Support Hotline, no Support Chat for the Customers. And that: saves money. From companies view the very best JOB they could do. For the Customer: the worst they could do. While the customer has nothing then no Support it is for the customer from time to time really frustrating. Only chance for Support is Feedback / now Bucktracker. But. That means: you are in the endless Bug tracking process, Fixes will come earliest when the next version rolls out if the Bug is fixed or if the Bug is not your fault or if that is not a feature.

I’ve have noticed a recent trend in Paul’s posts and I have notified him. He clearly isn’t happy at the moment.

2 Likes

Sometimes you are in a situation where you want to react different but you can not. Makes live harder and reactions more rude. Normal process. And then you feel also not good. But changing that situation is not that simple as it sounds mostly. I wish him good luck.

4 Likes

A classical unforced error.

1 Like

Xojo Inc has now arrived in marketing hell, kindly described in the thread’s title as ‘reality distortion field’. Many companies tried that, all failed at the end and fell into the trap they had set for others. I once worked for such a company and know that after customers, employees pay the price.

1 Like

Lets just say a constant stream of negativism does take its toll

BUT that stream doesnt just start because “its the latest social trend”

Ask me how I know
Go on I dare ya
:stuck_out_tongue:

Quality improvements lead to more happy customers lead to fewer negative posts
Maybe even some happy ones

Anything else doesnt work

EDIT : Dont get me wrong
I’m not going to say I was some kind of saint or something
I knew it was finally getting to me and why I had decided I needed to leave
Xojo just changed the time frame - not the decision

And FWIW my wife says I’m happier, less bitchy and grouchy, and I feel a TON better

2 Likes

Back when you worked there , before they stopped you from posting , you were getting a bit grouchy/touchy in your responses on the forum.

-karen

2 Likes

No question I was

It took me a while to figure out WHY
And it came down to being unhappy with work & because of work

Things are MUCH better now

2 Likes

Denial is a way to postpone reality. It works only for a while.
The increasing delta between reality and the marketing spin takes its toll on people.

“Do it right or don’t do it at all”

yep, and that’s human. I sympathize with the developers.

It must be hard when you have to read so many negative things, especially when it comes to your own baby. That’s ugly, nobody wants to hear that.

But it’s even harder if you see all weaknesses yourself, but you know that you can’t change anything because the company philosophy is just the way it is.

“Love it, change it, or leave it” is one of my favorite quotes. “Love it” is difficult. If “change it” is not possible, even not from within the eye of the hurricane, then only one option remains. And it hurts, whether you work at Xojo or with Xojo.

2 Likes

Yes. And working with Xojo leaving is done quiet and fast. Leaving when you working for them and have no other option at the moment which fulfills your needs can be impossible. Many people having that problem not only in US which have no real other possibilities in hard times like the ones we have now