Opinion : Solitaire Card Games

other than the basics of

• Klondike
  • FreeCell
  • Spider

What are you favorite Solitaire games to play [just card games please]

Scorpion

It isn’t really a solitaire game though I used it as such.

Decades ago in one of those bar video games I found a game called Royal Flush but I’m sure it’s been called many things over the years. It’s essentially a 5 by 5 grid and you attempt to make the best poker hand in all 10 directions. You get 2 discards and you can replace 1 already placed It’s timed, IIRC, to 2 minutes, and the left over time is bonus points (forget the points per second left over). The harder the poker hand the higher the points.

I created a C++ version of it one point and then was very close with a Xojo version years later. I think in the Xojo version I added the diagnal directions too, IIRC. I keep thinking I’ll do a Wails/Go version of it when I get bored some day. :slight_smile:

Every now and then I search for something like it, but I can’t find it. I’d gladly buy it if I could find it. Easy way to burn some time in a mindless way.

If someone knows of something like it, let me know!

Is this it?

Not exactly the same (I don’t see discard, replace or time for bonus points) but you can play.

Now to find a Mac version. But thanks for a name!

I might add that to my collection once I get the current list of games all working

If you have an AppleTV, there is a Poker Solitaire in that AppStore that looks similar, but it is $2.99 :frowning:

I do have an AppleTV but I’ll hold off. I played a few rounds yesterday in an iOS version and I had the exact same revulsion I had the last time I worked on the game. I played it so many times for testing that it sucked all the joy out of it.

My app will have Four(4) variations of Scorpion , Three(3) of Spider and Spiderette, Four(4) versions of FreeCell , and Two(2) of Klondike, as well as at least 50 other types.

… and after

I’m almost positive yours will be released for free … :grin: