Objo Studio - running in Parallels VM - on Intel Mac - surprised about how fast it works

that was, and still is, on me as it was decided to use the constraint solver IN the IDE and rewrite constraints as things were moved around
That was a huge mistake and something that we should have copied from Xcode - don’t do it !
I turned it off at one point but it didn’t stay that way
It should be and that would be a HUGE improvement but they’d have to then have a way to click one button & insert constraints for the layout as it existed or something like that

The dumbing down of the API was, I thought, a mistake but I wasn’t in charge of creating that
That was hired out and we got what we got and it made for all kinds of issues initially and as the constraint system from apple evolved

:frowning:

Same with FileMaker. Closed source means you are not in control and at the whim of the overlord…

I take some of that blame too. I remember having a conversation with the contractor at one of the Orlando XDC’s about constraints, a year before the iOS target was to be released. I had some concerns that day but made the assumption that they knew what they were doing and had solved those problems. It wasn’t until we got a chance to see it live that I realized that it had gotten the “xojo/real simplification treatment” and that these crucial holes had been simply painted over.

That’s why the SOS ConstraintKit even exists.

Yep. Just handed over the very last FileMaker solution I was in charge of. The Claris user forum is a graveyard now. Even Xojo’s has more posts. And their eternal beta ‘Studio’ product will shut down at the end of the year. Nobody wanted it.

And not to forget: there was no ig devdelopment team developing XoJo language. At the end it was a big amount of work to do it. While just implementing an own AOT compiler I can see every day what this means. And that much before AI was available for coding like today. Boilerplate can be done by AI and architecture tasks can be done by programmers. And even so I have my team working on it. Many things XoJo hat to realize like an emergency solution without the needed man power to realize the things which had to be realized.