Looking forward to the next macOS transition?

Unfortunately those of us who write apps for the rest are not where the money is

So Apple does what they need to to sell gazillions of $ of machines ($250 billion or something annually) and they do what they need to to keep every last one of us from bailing out
A few along the way are acceptable losses

1 Like

I finally took the dive and updated to Catalina last night. Every app seems slower after the update

I’ve seen someone who speed tested their MacBook before they upgraded and after they upgraded, everything was slower with Catalina. Sadly.

I think this is what I was seeing with that 2019 16" MacBook Pro, whereby daily functions were no faster than a 7.5 year 2012 MacBook Pro (running 10.14), only longer tasks were quicker. If my 2012 was still running macOS 10.6, it would have wiped the floor with that 16", on starting up alone, 4 seconds v.s. 20.

It’s really sad how bad the macOS has become under the current CEO. I don’t see it getting any better either, maybe once they’ve made the MacBooks nothing more than an iPad in a different form factor.

Apple really needs a Tech Guy as a CEO, someone who actually cares about the products and longevity of the company.

I’m not so sure its “the ceo” although the buck does stop there

This seems to have been a long slow trend started under Federighi since he was promoted in 2011

10.6 was the last version the previous VP, Betrand Serlet, shopped and a lot of folks really appreciated that its focus was speed and stability

The first version under Federighi was 10.7
And we havent had a “new Snow Leopard” since
Would be nice

1 Like