Looking for Xojo @ Reddit…

After REALbasic 1; in fact Compile to Windows replaced Java… (If my memory is correct).

1 Like

Well since 2018 Linux replaced MacOS Desktop on my side :wink:

And on my customers side, we have mostly Linux Thinclients running Remmina for Terminalserver or Kiosk Firefox. All classic desktops PCs are removed. Last year I’ve written an article in c’t about this:

So yes, in my bubble I see more Linux on Desktops than other operating systems :wink:

Sehr interessant. Danke für den Link!

And yes: I am using Raspberry PI and - while Raspberry can’t deliver at the moment Radxa Rock 4 and BananaPi M4 Berry - for medical Devices, Wellness Devices and IOT Controllers. It is a nice piece of Hardware which can be used reliable und nearly limitless for all kinds of Signage, controllers and so on. And because of the neat GPIO Port controllers are no problem. SPI, I2C and serial communication are no problem to realize.So we could realize a big amount of Hardware projects with Raspberries instead of PC Hardware. The other way around: for PC Hardware we had to develop an own GPIO Card. Not needed anymore. And with our Port Expanding Solution we can realize with one Raspi more than 200 Inputs and Outputs, digital and analog ones. So the Concept is more than a Toy; it is an Industrial Revolution while we get a complete Linux OS and an open Hardware interface in the Size of a Mastercard or a Visa.

Since I am using PI I am using for Desktop-Solutions Java Swing or Java FX and for Browser based Solutions Vaadin or JavaFX and also sometimes NoVNC to distribute the Screen Session via VNC to a Browser. It is flexible and usable all time. And it is reliable. One Solution I was programming for a Customer even with Xojo - until Xojo broke it with Web 2.0 und deprecation of Web 1.0 and no migration way to Web 2.0. But at the end: even Xojo Applications and Web Applications will run on PI. For IOT Controllers it is a neat Interface even when written with Web 1.0.

@TomasJ : good Job you have done. PI and similar Hardware is a great chance to reduce upfront costs and the energy consumption of projects. With a PI consuming 5 W and less in normal working condition it is even less than a MacMini and not to speak about PC Hardware. So please don’t stop with this because as more people are using it for their products instead of PC Hardware as more energy saving systems are outside. It would be nice to have an English translation for people outside DACh Region because it is definitely worth of it. I hope that this chance will be given for it.

One sentence to the flexibility of Raspberry Pi and Co: because you have all on Board it is extremely simple to realize controller projects, Signage projects or Security System projects, medical Device Controllers, CNC machine Controllers and much more. Since you have the chance to select your OS it ca even be Android or in my case RTOS for RealTime operations. And yes. It is available for use with RPI. So there is a big base for realizing all kinds of Devices with Raspberry PI. You may not be able to program a new Hardware for your Tesla Model X but you can do controllers for many kinds of stuffs.