Java font error? warning?

This did NOT happen the other day using Java8, but has since I upgraded to Java17
No where am I specifically asking for or setting a font or font attribute.
Also, the Java Application DOES still run

Any ideas?

2021-10-09 17:28:02.422 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Regular", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
2021-10-09 17:28:02.422 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSystemFontNameRequest to debug.
2021-10-09 17:28:02.425 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Thin", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
2021-10-09 17:28:02.426 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-UltraLightP2", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
2021-10-09 17:28:02.427 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Bold", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
2021-10-09 17:28:02.711 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Regular", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font access should be through proper APIs such as CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
2021-10-09 17:28:02.711 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Client requested name ".HelveticaNeueDeskInterface-Bold", it will get Times-Roman rather than the intended font

not much to go on here Dave, what platform, what code produced this, who the heck knows, what have you changed (upgraded to java 17), and what was going on the ‘other day’ with java 8, its all a bit wishy washy, how was this output generated, is it an app output, terminal, any ideas?
its not obvious from the above.

maybe an IDE would help with such an issue, apparently they have some intelligence built in that may add to the understanding of such notes.
nothing in the information above would suggest that the application would fail to run, just use Times-Roman font, whether you wanted that to happen or not.

A Java application , compiled from a BASH script on Big Sur using Java17

#!/bin/bash
clear
echo "Compile Java Framework"
javac -classpath . *.java
echo "Create JAR"
jar -cmvf MANIFEST.MF java01 *.class**
echo "ALL DONE."

errors appear as StdOut, and it seems AFTER the app has initialized. I have put print statements throughout, and those messages appear AFTER everything

ok, so supposing I am able to be of any use to you (which is unlikely, but I can generate questions that seem obvious in this context).

without wishing to seem obtuse, are all those ‘notes’ from your code (which you have not shown) generated by you, or anything from java its self.
is this output referring to the font in the echo text.

2021-10-09 17:28:02.422 java[58439:12807911] CoreText note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSystemFontNameRequest to debug.

where is that line coming from? it seems odd (without any context) if you are running code without an IDE of any type, what automatic stuff is going on in the back ground.

is the echo string causing the issue (its font is what I mean) where one might never expect?

I did a very quick search on ‘CoreText note’ and among the usual load of noise one bit struck a chord:-
“I don’t have an answer, just a suggestion. By default, JavaFX uses logical fonts which have mappings to physical fonts and those mappings also depend on the default locale. I don’t have MacOS but you should check what physical font Java is trying to load and then check whether that font can display”

is there anything in that point that may be able to explain what you are seeing?

I have no idea, why not give Netbeans, or something, a second try and see where it goes.