Staying on topic…
Hello Norman, I respect your opinion. I’m not saying you are wrong, but there is a much wider shift at play here.
The rise of low-code, no-code, AI driven developer assistance, and AI driven infrastructure platforms in my opinion have forever shifted the nature and scope of consulting requests.
Would your 20 year-old self with a spark of an idea, double-down on Xojo?, or would you “have-a-go” at building something with the assistance of an AI centric platform?
I just think entrepreneurs are rightly thinking “what’s the fastest path to an MVP?” (even a flawed MVP), then consulting becomes triage, remediation, refactoring…but you are in the game.
The other shift is minimising compliance burdens by accelerating compliance. I’m talking everything from ISO 27000 Series, SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR…it rolls on endlessly. Insurers / re-insurers, VC’s and Angels, and integration partners “all” require a tick in the “Compliance” box.
Many of the “new” back-ends, offer compliance “baked in”, which lessens (but does not completely negate) your corporate compliance burden.
It’s alluring to hear. Turn-up with a concept, we’ll listen, then we promise to build a vibrant front-end, coupled with rational business rules, all gift wrapped in a compliant and protected infrastructure.
It’s the true “siren’s song” of our times.
Kind regards, Andrew