I am NOT compatible with MaciOS

typo at best

iOS icons, iOS dialogs, etc…

MaciOS is what I am referring to Big Sur, or as Beatrix very aptly names is BS, its supposed to be comedic, but now I explained it its not funny any more!

yes, as does Europe and everywhere else I expect

ok, for anyone who is not sure:-

BS (as Beatrix calls it)= Big Sur, could also mean Bull Shit, which is how it clicks in my mind.

MaciOS (as I call it)= Big Sur, means a really irreverent reference to the meeting of 2 OS in a manner that may well be seen as a negative by some people(I have no opinion, I just thought it was funny).

if it has to be explained its not humorous, but it seems one of our members at least missed the joke completely.

oh well, onwards and downwards…

1 Like

:flight_departure:

My main computer is a 2008 Mac Pro where I added SSD, USB 3 and 18 GB of RAM (in total). It currently runs Mojave.
Yes, it was expensive when I bought it, but I’ve now used it 12 years almost everyday and, except a fan making a quiet noise 3-4 times per month, I wouldn’t expect a current Mac to be really better; and, by not buying another Mac in 12 years, the resulting price is even less than buying middle PC computers when they break.

1 Like

Sorry! I’m just not that quick, I guess!

1 Like

haha, no apology needed, just my sense of humour and sometimes things become changed in translation!

The problem itself is not necessarily the language, it’s more the understanding of the culture. I often do not understand why jokes in Mandarin are funny, even if I understand what they are saying.

It’s even better when you go to the cinema, where a lot of western movies have Mandarin subtitles, I’ve been the only one laughing at a joke, or the the only one not laughing.

I agree in the broader term for sure (not specific in this case)
I have lived in Spain for 10 years, in Lanzarote and the Peninsular now, both Spanish, the language is different, the phrases are different, the colloquialisms are nothing like each other, and neither is the culture.
All worth it though, never going back for sure.

Granted. In my case, it simply happens with some English “jokes” I don’t always understand.
There are specific expressions as well, that are different; some have common meanings, some don’t (e.g. in English “Curiosity killed a cat” and in French “Curiosity is a bad default”). Even for those who mean the same thing, the repercussions may change beyond expectations (e.g. no cat is involved in the French version above, so we may see cats differently in both languages; that’s just a small example).