How did you discover If Not Nil?

Inspired by the stats @npalardy provided in another thread about the growth of the forum, I thought it might be interesting to find out how people found the site. I’m curious for a number of reasons, not least because Xojo Inc expunge any and all references to it. I created the site so that’s how I discovered it :slight_smile:

Here’s a little poll:

• A Xojo developer’s blog/website
  • The official Xojo Inc forum
  • Twitter
  • Google search
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Feel free to chime in and share your story of how you found the site.

Other: I suddenly noticed an increased number of clicks on my blog (article Web 2.0 review) coming from the unknown site ifnotnil.com so I was curious :smiley:

1 Like

I discovered If Not Nil after reading some posts on Norman’s blog.

I’ve been one of the anonymous readers for about a week and just signed up today.

4 Likes

Invitation from Gary

3 Likes

I discovered it through Norman’s blog, which I visited when he got banned and Markus wrote about it in the official forum (and now that thread is deleted, in case you want to go looking for it).

By the way, thank you Garry for setting this up and taking care of it.

Julen

3 Likes

invitation of a well-known xojo developer

Other. I followed several blogs about Xojo. One mentioned this new / alternative forum. After censorship from Xojo increased (and the product decreases) I decided to move on.

1 Like

Someone mentioned it on a Facebook group (it is the “Xojo” group, but not the official one, the other one). I’m glad he did.

(edit: removed the name of who mentioned it because I didn’t check to see if it was okay first)

invitation by a member.

Stumbled back into the Xojo forum after being gone for a few years to check out Web2.0 and saw Norman got banned. Checked his blog which linked to this forum.

1 Like

Welcome to INN Joseph !

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, I was triggered when Garry mentioned starting ifnotnil on the Xojo website.
Then shortly after that I noticed the forum was online. :grinning:

I’ve seen mention of an ‘other’ board. After Norman’s ban I took a look through his blog and found INN.

1 Like

Someone on the Xojo Discord chat suggested it. Likely @npalardy.

2 Likes

naw not me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I found this either on Norman’s, Tim’s, Hal’s or Brian’s blog - I’m not sure which.

I was wondering where all the cool kids ended up…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Michael_Stephan :slightly_smiling_face:

Other? Reading the Xojo forum someone said something about some controversy and cited something like “the other forum”. So I tracked the subject and people involved and with the help of my friend Google I got here.

I have no idea despite it being only a few days ago!! I think it might have come up randomly while searching for something Xojo related.

Actually it was in a comment under Bob Keeney’s most recent blog post

2 Likes