Honeywell Quantum Computer

There is an article on CNN talking about a new super SLOW Quantum Computer…
Based on this one paragraph… can’t understand why anyone would be interested

I THINK they meant to say “can process data IN A FRACTION of the TIME”

but nobody proofreads anymore :slight_smile:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/tech/honeywell-quantum-computer/index.html

1 Like

They proofread, they just don‘t have a clue. Comes from too much religious and not enough Science education in the US.

as I sit here in what is the Bible belt of western Canada :slight_smile:

Well, how do you explain quantum computering to people who have problems with fractions? Also, the reporters likely can’t do much more than fractions themselves. Which you see in each and every science article.

You can speed up traditional chips up to a point. The quantum computers are a way around this. And then we will all have to learn different types of algorithms. But that is far into the future.

I recently did some cleanup in the attic and found all my books from university times. Relativistic quantum mechanics for instance. But I have forgotten almost everything I learned.

@npalardy: there is a bible belt in Canada? There goes my illusion that Canada is less religious than the southern neighbour.

:scream: A HEATHEN! Crucify him!

:innocent:

[must listen to Jesus Christ Superstar again - brilliant rock opera!]

[and while I‘m at it The Life of Brian is due another showing]

there is a bible belt in Canada? There goes my illusion that Canada is less religious than the southern neighbour.

you bet
not quite as pronounced but it exists - and I live right in the middle of it

That just goes to show my ignorance. I didn’t realise that.

How does that show? They want to vote for Trump? 12 children? Homophobia?

I had never thought of Canada as being a particularly religious country whereas I had always seen the USA as being a deeply divided country, religiously that is.

How can I lock this thread for hate speech? < / joking >

2 Likes

some actually think trump, or similar politicians here, are “the best”
so they voted for them and are now protesting the most recent austerity budget that the government they elected brought in
homophobia … OMG … in a big way - they’ll go out of their way to punish lgbtq people
xenophobia - lots of folks dislike all immigrants

canada overall isnt
parts of it are