FYI: Kaju 2.1 not compatible with Xojo < R2018R4

In case you run into the same problem:

Short summary: Thanks for Kaju. Kaju 2.1 not working with Xojo <2018 R4. Maybe state minimum Xojo version supported.

Long version:

First off thanks for making this available.

I’m using Xojo 2018 R3 on MacOS 10.14.6

I tried to add this to my app (and yes, I opened the admin app and copied the Folder “Kaju Classes” into my app) but I got the following erors:

KajuUpdateWindow.hsSocket.Error Declaration
hsSocket on KajuUpdateWindow implements the event “Error,” but its superclass Kaju.HTTPSocketAsync has already implemented the event.
Sub Error(e As RuntimeException)

KajuUpdateWindow.hsSocket.FileReceived Declaration
hsSocket on KajuUpdateWindow implements the event “FileReceived,” but its superclass Kaju.HTTPSocketAsync has already implemented the event.
Sub FileReceived(URL As String, HTTPStatus As Integer, file As FolderItem)

KajuUpdateWindow.hsSocket.ReceivingProgressed Declaration
hsSocket on KajuUpdateWindow implements the event “ReceivingProgressed,” but its superclass Kaju.HTTPSocketAsync has already implemented the event.
Sub ReceivingProgressed(bytesReceived As Int64, totalBytes As Int64, newData As String)

So I checked the Kaju admin app itself for errors - I got the same errors.

I then opened it in Xojo 2019 R3.1 - no errors.

The problem seems to be in the update from version 2 to version 2.1 you started to use URLconnection - which was introduced with Xojo 2018 R4.

Pity

It would help if you stated what the minimum version of Xojo is for compatibility.

All the best

Markus

Kaju is open source and not really complicated.

Markus it looks like you did good work to find the issues with 2 to 2.1 switching commands. Why don’t you fork it on GitHub, put some target statements to work for Xojo lower versions, and then do a pull request to send the changes for Kem’s approval.

Because I haven‘t used Git before, I‘m just starting with it and don‘t really know what I’m doing. The default action on GitHub is to clone the repository which I did, but now I‘m not sure that was the right course of action. Forking it might have been.

So basically I tread carefully because I don‘t want to muck something up (and yes, I know git is supposed to prevent muck-ups but right now it doesn’t feel like it).

Btw it annoys me immensely that GitHub Desktop doesn’t let me choose Xojo as editor. Is there a GitHub client that integrates better with Xojo? (But no subscription please)

github editors expect to edit one file at a time from what I can gather
so making xojo the editor would quite work as you expect