Flutter 2 - Web stable - Desktop ready (not final)

Not suited for the drag and drop UI guy… yet.

1 Like

I’ve had a go with Figma for design and it’s got a plugin that generates Flutter…a step in the right direction. And it’s all free!

1 Like

Huge potential. It’s a nonstop evolution. The Dart language seems not stopping the evolution too, they seem to be experimenting with static metaprogramming in the labs (code able to write more code at compile time and compile it) and much more.

well shit

Here I thought Dart compiled a regular macOS app but it bundles in a runtime (5.5 mb for hello world)
Thats not too bad but not being able to sign means you cant submit to macOS or iOS stores
That cant be right ?

This issue applies to command line applications written in Dart, but it does not apply to desktop macOS applications developed with Flutter. (It says that right at the top of the issue page you linked to: " NOTE: This issue specifically refers to dart2native tool, it does not refer to Flutter on Desktop, as Flutter does not use dart2native".)

There are several guides available for how to sign a Flutter app for macOS. Here’s one:

1 Like

oh DUH me
Thanks for that heads up Walter

1 Like

Well, no to difficult to run the Demo project. It actually compiles a native exe, it just makes a custom draw for all the controls. Looks promissing.

1 Like