Did I miss something? Bad Xojo vibe?

Everytime you turn around Xojo is dishonest when you compare what they say vs what they do.

1 Like

I dont think @Torsten_B was implying it was nefarious

I’d noticed that page disappeared as well and found it curious since they’d had one for probably a decade prior

Like you I can easily think of many reasons why they might do it and certainly revealing the entire company size is one
But then they should hide their Xojo group list on the forums since that too speaks to how large the company is (although it still includes Stephane oddly)

its just curious that it suddenly disappeared (mid aug seems to be the last cached version on archive.org)

1 Like

I did not imply that. Only now no one knows who is in charge of what.

revealing the company’s size may not be in their best interest?

Why hiding the truth?
Isn’t Xojo adequately staffed?

Trust me, if a company is large, they will trumpet it. If they are small they will try to look bigger than they are and one way to not lie about size is to not mention it. If there are (what, 3? 4?) developers covering five platforms (3 desktop OS’s, 2 mobile OS’s, plus web) they would not want to mention that unless it were remarkable for how they are nailing it with so few people (which they are not).

In other words if they are doing a good job their small size would not be a federal secret, in fact it would impress. Just like my lack of a degree in computer science back when it mattered (even if I had a degree it would be hopelessly outdated now, 40 years later) actually impressed my clients on the rare occasion they thought to ask about it. Might have had something to do with me coding rings around degreed developers, some of whom could not program their way out of a paper bag. If on the other hand I were a middling or poor dev, I would have wanted to HIDE my lack of higher education.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. :smile:

Perhaps they want to appear bigger than they are ?
I recall often being told at conferences how surprised people were they met the entire team at the conference and that they had assumed the company was much larger

I suppose that has value

5 I believe - Travis, William, Javier, Ricardo, Paul

Scheinriese, engl. translation: mock giant

Looks huge from a distance, but the closer you get, the smaller he appears.

Welcome and I summarized my feelings in a blog article.

https://ohanaware.com/blog/2023/10/Time-to-move-on-2.html

Ha ha!

These folk are jack of all trades, not just covering the 6 targets, but also the IDE, compiler etc etc. Half of my battle with Geoff was over how the Mac framework is literally rotting and he couldn’t care less.

1 Like

I dont know who really took up the mantle of Mac framework maintainer when Joe & I left
I tinkered only ever so slightly as I had way more than enough to consume my time working on the IDE so I only poked at things that affected me in that arena
I think @Stretch327 might have poked at it as well
Not sure about anyone else
But, Joe was probably the last person who worked on it as much as he did
He improved a lot of things in all the frameworks

But for the # of targets and parts of the entire tool there are 5 simply isnt enough
Never really was
Its just a fact that so many people can only do so much in any given time

2 Likes

Yeah t’was @Stretch327 . We argued for a bit, until I realized how much pressure he was under. I was happy when he left, because I can’t imagine it is good for anyone to work under those conditions.