Detrimental marketing

I asked Claris to delete my dev account. A sanitary measure.

I don’t think Xojo or Claris understand the base issues. Both are all “sorry” / “we could have done better” but there’s nooooo change in behavior.

Instead, they wait for the discontent to diminish, then back to what they were doing.

Both Xojo or Claris could have taken over the market if they stuck to the core. Instead both are focused on things customers just don’t want. For Xojo that was API 2.0 and killing Web 1.0 instead of refactoring internally. Claris is fixated on creating their own IFTTT / Zapier solution.

Both will wane over time. Nothing will get better with either because of the people in charge.

2 Likes

From where does the fish start smelling?

That thing reads like some weird hybrid of florid corporate-speak, designed to say nothing, and ChatGPT.

Their remaining customers gonna be most delighted when they’ll discover the price increase that will come with that marvellos new ‘platform’.

1 Like

There’s been a belief that “they’ll get used to it” at Xojo and obviously Claris

Yes - folk get used to things but thats far from LIKING them
People do what they need to do do

And sometimes that means you hold your nose and do the stinky work regardless of how much you like it or not

The “new” Xojo UI still isnt my favourite
And I worked on it for many years trying to make it better
Never succeeded in several respects - some might say not at all :slight_smile:
And I’m ok with that
I understand that criticism

But I did learn how to make it sort of work for how I worked

That still doesnt mean I liked it

1 Like

From conversations with Xojo engineers, there is only one person who honestly believes that “they’ll get used to it”. That person was warned by other members of the team that “2.0 All The Things™” was a bad idea.
Yet he didn’t believe it would be a problem and he still gives the impression that it isn’t a problem, the customers are the problem.

I have an abusive family member, who believes that everything they do is justified. It’s no wonder this person is almost 60, single, unemployable and has no friends of their own. They also refuse treatment as it’s everyone else that’s a “Psycho”.

He is badly mistaken. The Xojo IDE redesign was bad, but API 2 was a step too far.

The only reason I would use API 2.0 is if there was a new feature that i DESPERATELY needed that was not covered by by a plugin I already have or could not create myself… which I don’t think will happen.

(I code in 2019R.1.1 but can compile a a newer version than that)

The only reason I would have to buy a new license is if I need to compile API 1 code for a newer OS versions for which the newest version of Xojo I have a license for does not work.

And if the newer Xojo version that supported that OS version did not compile API 1 code correctly that could very well the final straw for my using Xojo.

-Karen

It was a fight but when the person making the decisions signs the cheques …

There is always Windows which you say your company was moving to (much to your chagrin I get it but 2019r1.1 WILL work just fine there)

1 Like