Closing Topics

Not to mention the threat from Kem:

This matter is closed. Consider this a word to the wise

What a sad little response from Kem. And he dares to use the term cherry-picking. The OPs statement was nothing but polite.

His threat says it all indeed. Other MVPs should put him in his place if they had any respect for the users, or themselves! Even Xojo Inc. should jump in as he represents Xojos policy towards its users, and it is very bad. Mind-blowing!

4 Likes

Reminds me also of the Filemaker days. There where also those close-to-the-master, who were barking away critics.

Self-defeating it is.

1 Like

Well, that „Complaints Are Verboten!“-thread was a new low.

3 Likes

Yes, though my title Now is Director of Quality and Analytical Chemistry

In general highly unlikely.

The closest I came was once for me many years and 2 employers ago, when I worked for a major corporation back in the early 90s.

Back then I wrote a significant module for a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to handle equipment maintenance and calibration.

I used their language and their custom brand of SQL in the product ( which is why to this day I can’t remember if the Standard SQL order clause is “Order On” Or “Order by”!).

My company sent me to the user group conference in Florida (we were in New England) where I presented my module… connecting to the home site via modem… I had overheads ready if the connection died!

on stage in from of 200-300 people with a modem connection was a bit nerve wracking… but it worked out OK.

-Karen

2 Likes

The good old autocratic style. It is a pity.

Is that irony or hypocrisy? :thinking:

The shocking part is that Xojo has being the same for some years now. :frowning: We’ve all been there, the trap of “maybe in the nex release…”

Some dumb ceo says that if there are no complains, everiting is fine. Maybe it is just easier to chase away “PRO” users that complain and ask for features than fixing the bugs.

Plain stupid move, “we dont care about PROs, we dont have a PRO tool, but we want PRO price tags.”

They knew why was necesary for them to remove the emoji reactions there :rofl:

1 Like

Friedrich Boettger’s citation is correct. (her words) refers to “corporate decisions" and not to “It is apparently not allowed to criticise Xojo’s “corporate decisions””.

Ah, and the one who liked Kem’s rude rambling is Jason Parsley. Can’t believe it.

Looks like no-one at Xojo is trained in de-escalation.

For a deescalation the party which deescalates has to WANT to deescalate otherwise the party will not do it. They showed: no deescalation wanted. Only lowering the voices down so nobody can speak and discuss. That is what I have learned is their policy. It is their Forum. So they decide how to handle everything in that forum. No, feels not like a community forum, feels like a vendor forum. But that plays no role.

1 Like

Well, if it’s their forum, anyone else has nothing to do there by definition. That would be logical.

See, they have done a nice trick. Every Software Vendor except the open Source ones needs to have a Support. At least a Support Forum. Xojo decided: hey it would be nice if we would not need any technician to take care of the Support. So they opened the Forum where Customers are helping Customers. So if anybody wants to get help and assistance he will be in the need to ask in exactly that forum. And the answers coming from other users. Really rare Xojo staffs are answering.

Not that I think that this is false. No. But offering Support but not delivering Support makes it really complex to work with a Software especially when some of the customers really need help the community can not provide in the needed depth

2 Likes

I find this yet another poor decision from Xojo. They lost all nuances to someone’s opinion.

If an outsider now looks to the original closed post, it is pretty clear by the ‘likes’ users do not want to pay Xojo for videos and any discussion about it is not allowed. Moreover, you will receive threats if you dare to do so.

Happens of course if you put people with no communication training or skills in charge of monitoring your forum. Marketing and communication have never been Xojos strong points, but this latest debacle definitely makes it pretty clear they do not…

5 Likes

Nobody knows what’s their targets with behaving like this. They do so and you can’t do anything. That is Xojo live and we can see, they are not interested in critics. And so they kill criticism on their Site when it’s coming up. That IS their form os deescalation. And when ever it is not to stop while a person is really upset it can end in a Ban from their Forum.

We know that this behavior is not changing anything on the situation. And we all know that critics are the information float like the other way around so listening to that reactions and finding proper answers would possibly be the better method. But not if you want to kill critics when they are coming up.

Does make a mockery of

1. To facilitate communication with the Xojo community. The MVPs are there to help us get the word out about things going on at Xojo and also to help the community make sure we are hearing what’s going on with them.

They’ve become nothing more than an extension of Xojo and its policies

1 Like

Ignore ≠ ban
I read some of his comments
Chuckle at them & move on

Xojo didn’t ban anyone today. You can still read those threads just like when Garry flags / hides a post. Same behavior.

Different rules for different people.

Not quite - locking a thread means no normal user can add to it. EVER (admins could)
Agreeing with a flag hides the post - but only if you dont want to go read it
If you want you can and can continue to post

Not the same in any way
False equivalence

Ban ≠ hide a post

FWIW GARRY didn’t decide to hide those posts
Someone else in the forum flagged them and he, or I, agreed
So it remains hidden.
NOT REMOVED.
NOT EDITED.

EDIT : you should know this since you’ve flagged 20+ posts and had more than half of them agreed to

2 Likes

It’s hypocritical just like Xojo. But you do what you want. You can’t pretend it’d not true.

:green_apple::pear:

like flag peoples posts so they get hidden then bitch like this when someone flags one of yours ?

seriously