Can't find Simulator

Similar to my “Can’t pick Simulator” topic from 6 years ago.

Just upgraded MacOS to Golden Gate 27.0.1 and Xcode to 27.0 so I could add support for the iPhone Duo to my game app on the App Store.

Still using Xojo 2025r2.1 because of price for latest version (I am just a hobbyist).

Now when I run debug I get the following error. Any ideas?

Check that the new install has actually set up the simulators
I’ve run into that and had to go set them back up when updating Xcode

And simulators are now mangaged in the “Device Hub”

XCODE → OPEN DEVELOPER TOOL → DEVICE HUB

also, does Xojo even work with os27?

From what I understand you need to keep updating Xojo each year.
You may be able to use Xojo 2025r2.1 with older Xcode.
Your only way (as far as I know) to support iPhone Duo using Xojo, will be to wait for a future release of Xojo that includes the required SDK.

Yeah, Apple renamed the simulator and now Xojo can’t find it any more. The way to handle this will probably be to make a symlink (or just a duplicate) from the new app to the old name… but if Apple changed any of the protocols, you’ll need to wait until Xojo fixes it and upgrade.

Makes me wonder if on-device debugging broke too…

I guess they will prersent an Update and all old versions of XoJo have to live without. Like it is always. They did made changes.

FWIW, this isn’t just Xojo. Any tool that uses the simulator is going to need to be updated.

True, I had the same problem but I could set it up in INtelliJ that’s it. Few seconds. I have no Idea how to do that in XoJo IDE.

It does

but there are, of course, glitches

A user doesn’t

And that’s why its a perpetual problem forcing people to update
Which Xojo likes because you have to pay them