Apple AI and XCode

I will be dead until then, but… for younger here !

1 Like

Nah - and there is an app for AI model training. Search Xcode help for AI.

The next decade is gonna be wild!

If you want to get a jump on AI, check out the JetBrains IDEs. AI in PHPStorm is incredibly helpful for where I know what I want to do, but maybe not the best way to do it. So I’ll ask the best question I can, tweak, and once I have something useful, I’ll ask if that’s the best way or most efficient way. Amazing.

2 Likes

Same for me with JavaScript/TypeScript in WebStorm. Outside of the IDE, I find that ChatGPT has almost completely replaced Googling for answers to any kind of programming questions I have, or questions about Node, CSS, etc. (Doesn’t apply to Xojo questions, of course. Unfortunately.)

2 Likes

I am using CoPilot in Jetbrains IDE and what I can say is: nice. The Code Completion is really good and the code suggestions are relly good. What shall I say. I am using it every day and it saves me a lot of time in coding. Makes coding faster and the code is reliable. But take care. You still need to read the code and to work on your code and algorithms. But hey, nothing is for free.

2 Likes

The next thing I want to try is give an AI a sql table definition, meta data for each column, and a code template and then have it generate the code for the table.

I have code to do that now by looping and find / replacing.

I’m now trying to find a local AI and teach it… Any suggestions are welcome!

1 Like