Anyone using UNO?

Now that UNO can create MacOS desktop and Web apps, I thought I’d give it another try. Like all these “bleeding edge” solutions, there’s a lot of hoops to jump through.
Anyone else tried it using VS2019 for Mac?
Ironically, I can get MacOS and Droid apps to work, UWP isn’t supported on MacOS yet, but I can’t get iOS or Wasm apps to run.
Also unable to get hot reload working.

Just seeing if anyone else has had better luck?

33 posts were split to a new topic: RemObject GUI Editor

Uno, like all X-Plat solutions for VS is a mess. It’ll be a long time (IMHO) before there’s actually something that allows X-Plat apps to be written using VS where you can create the app on any platform for all platforms.
In fact, I guess that’s not really possible with ANY solution ATM…

Oh, and Maui isn’t going to be any better, if it’s the evolution of Xamarin.

1 Like

Out of curiosity - what is the problem with it?

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks working on the various VS “solutions”, and plan to write a topic detailing the pros and cons of each and the differences. Some are subtle, and most you don’t discover until you spend a whack of time trying to get them working.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. For all it’s other issues, there is NOTHING out there for X-Plat solutions that is as easy to use as Xojo for creating Desktop apps. That is the one thing they absolutely nailed and nobody else is even in the running, at least that I have found.