An Idea for Xojo's Future (with summary)

Seems the shit has hit the fan (not unexpected). As I have no other way of clarifying the statement that was just send out to all xDev subscribers I am doing it here:

It has come to my attention that the article, “An Idea for Xojo’s Future,” in the latest issue of xDev, was not as clearly marked as Opinion as I would have liked.

It is important to know that all the data in the article is pure speculation by the author. The piece was not fact-checked and Xojo, Inc. was never contacted and did not verify any of the information included, much of which is inaccurate.

The author’s conclusions are his own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of xDev Magazine or Xojo, Inc.

To rectify this, I have generated a new PDF of the issue with a more prominent disclaimer. Please download a fresh copy of the PDF (which also fixes a few other minor errors) using the same URL as sent to you previously.

My apologies for this error and sorry for the trouble. I will be more careful in the future when publishing opinion pieces.

Marc Zeedar

Publisher, xDev Magazine

First off, the article was clearly marked as being an Opinion in the original PDF, and I have no problem with that.

I also don’t have a problem that some of my assumptions and conclusions are speculative, and I pointed that out in the article.

But I absolutely refute the assertion “It is important to know that all the data in the article is pure speculation by the author.”

The data aren’t speculation, they were sourced from the publicly available information like Xojo’s own forum, Google Trends, Xojo’s press releases, and the feedback app, and everyone can verify them using the Wayback machine or the Feedback app.

Essentially calling me a liar who makes up data and basically accusing me of scientific misconduct is NOT on, and is something I take VERY personal.

Dr. Markus Winter

2 Likes