Xojo data corruption (Database Framework)

All the info here is also there and in the feedback case.

The CEO was even called out.

Can’t help who don’t want to be helped.

We all tried. Some of us got banned over it. Xojo and Geoff just don’t care about bugs. Give up and move on as nothing is going to change at Xojo until there is new management.

1 Like

Again: buried in a non-descript thread title.

How many do you expect to read „Currency in SQLite“ compared to „Xojo Data Corruption in Database framework“?

It also explains why it is not getting much traction in feedback.

It’s not rocket science …

According to feedback, it’s been assigned to William and it’s priority 1 so it takes precedent over most things and will probably be fixed for the next release.

Just curious, where do you get this information? My feedback doesn’t show it.

Using a web debugging proxy, like fiddler

… which isn’t what you (and me) thought should happen: a quick bug fix release so nobody ends up with data corruption for using Xojo 2021 R3 or R3.1 …

:man_facepalming:

I’ve not really been watching this thread, has it been established how long this issue has been in there or is it recent? If its an old issue and its not been found until now then I suspect that would be an indicator as to its fix priority from xojo’s perspective.

I made my own database string to currency conversion methods back in 2016 according to my dev notes and version tracker, because I spotted some strange behavior in currency on my french system, it was for sqlite and postgres (and I found later also for mysql)
so it seems a very old bug
I did not fill a bug request back then because I was firmly convinced that nobody would care of a problem if it occurs only on a french system … :wink:

Nobody uses french :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though file reports about everything
At least then it is in Xojo’s hands to figure out what to do

They cant fix it if they dont know about it and since Stephane passed I dont know if anyone there uses a non-US system locale

Well, since this particular problem only happens when using the Iterator of the DatabaseRow, looks like that it is recent, another API2 problem 2019r2+

Once we have a 2022r1 test build, you can confirm that it’s fixed with your own code.

So no fix for 2021R3 … :man_facepalming: