Xojo bug handling

It is sad and frustrating. People are attracted by unsustained marketing claims and spend time and money to discover the facts.
What’s missing here?:

Yes, Claris Inc (then FileMaker Inc) announced major deprecations in 2015.
Now, what happened to Xojo’s API1?
The vendor shows a regrettable lack of self-reflection.

1 Like

Ffffff… I can’t believe they call out FileMaker, then go and do the exact same thing.

You were supposed to defeat the competition, not join them.

5 Likes

Sometimes their marketing is crystal clear, transparent and honest:

Featured Post, talking about PRE-Release since 2021 in testing and no update whatsoever.

That’s showing their real speed w/o having to read all their marketing “claims”. That post is telling the truth, and might now soon be altered or “archived” :wink: .

The truths behind is: you can’t bring up all of that with 5 or 7 devs. It is too less manpower for too much work and too many bugs you have to fix. All of this together results in a never ending story

Not sure if that story might not end sooner than expected ;-).

Anyways, whoever wrote this, did it probably under influence of some very well working drugs. This is not xojo bashing, this is just so wrong, #fake news, #weird, and just unbelievable.

What are they trying to tell us? Xojo is simply the best tool of all tools, it’s just not well known because the developers are so happy, don’t talk about it and have projects until the end of their lives? Seriously?!?

2 Likes

They may have counted all Penguins in Antarctica as developers…
Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 12.12.04

hundred of thousands devs would reflect somehow on youtube, github, google searches … But their tool is just so good, that no one is talking about. That’s the difference to Rolls-Royce or Ferrari.

1 Like

Try it out. SeRCH TUTORIAL SITES FOR XOJO. AND THEN TRY THE SAME FOR SAP DEVS. Okay, you have more SAP Devs than Xojo Devs. Now, try for Java Devs all platforms you are aware of. You may find around 19k. That is when you have Devs. Not Xojo with: nothing.

That ‘consulting list’ must be veeeeeeery loooooong, hundreds of thousands….

I think we speak about 20 or 30. Not thousand.

2 Likes

as everyone needs MBS and Einhugur to make Xojo work, both gentlemen must be billionaires. Good news.

1 Like

as we can see here: Need Someone to Take Over a Project - #3 by bkeeney (reality check). But I’m probably just wrong, and out of the hundred thousand devs the company is now very busy to shortlist the many applicants.

1 Like

16h later and a potential new customer is running away: I am new here - Getting Started - Xojo Programming Forum

1 Like

There is no chance for projects like that. So he left. There is no real 2d in fast enough for games. It is critical to try while lost time.

The faster support will then be that I get no support but faster? That’s what I got for the pro. No support of the company please ask the users.

Best bug in web 1.0 is client time. Delivers server time in client time system. Like half pregnant. I got never an answer but: write a feedback. Still not fixed it is in the deep sea of old bugs.

correct timing is important for getting pregnant :wink:

1 Like

Interesting how Paul skilfully skipped Björn’s mise en garde of the potential new customer and eschewed the pricing topic.
And naming Ivan a troll in a communication to a potential customer is priceless (look, we also have a bunch of people we don’t like here. If you want to become a valued customer of ours, we may also look at you this way. Anyhow, pay for a license and don’t make any noise here).
This is by far the rudest company I’ve ever seen!

2 Likes

Wow - just wow

Ha, one thing they are really good in: being rude. And telling customers complaining about rudeness that they are rude and ranting. I had that. And yes, when it harms me and I have losses then I am really hard and want to reach my Target. But I had to realize: that Target I can’t reach with this company at all. They don’t want it and I also don’t want to do new Projects on that platform where I have no Idea if in two years my projects still will run.

So it is the right way to search another platform and to speak truths: for me it was less complex: I came from java and my customer wanted Xojo. So I went back to Java and rewrote the Stuff for the customers and switched to Java back and that’s it. Expensive but a good treatment for me not to say yes to a try like that anymore. Never again. I will stay with Java and JavaFX and that’s it, I have Web (Vaadin), Desktop (Swing of FX) and Mobile (FX or CodenameOne) and can use them all and I am experienced in all of them. So I whish you luck to find your way inside.

1 Like

Indeed. I have never seen a tool with such disrespect for their users. Simply mindblowing… All signs of massive desperation.

1 Like

Quite looks like.