XDC 2022 Cancelled šŸ˜±

Lol no Iā€™m not. Everybody ā€˜Iā€™veā€™ spoken to is concerned over the virus and the fact this useless Government have acted too slow again. Some areas of the UK have very patchy levels of vaccine uptake even in the 70+ age group.

There are currently around 45-50K cases per day of the delta variant which is not particularly vaccine evasive. Omicron is demonstrating a doubling rate of 2-3 days. It has MUCH higher level of vaccine evasion. 140 people a day are dying on average and 8000 are in hospital.

The NHS now has a waiting list of 6m - the highest ever - due in main to the pandemic resulting in cancellations of elective operations and checkups.

1 Like

Acting quicker would not have prevented Omicron coming into the country. The people who have not had their vaccine by now will never have it so we shouldnā€™t shutdown the rest of the country for them.

As far as iā€™m aware, nobody has been hospitalised or died in the UK from Omicron. It might be more transmissible but at the same time it might affect people less. Does anybody know at this point?

The NHS has a waiting list of 6million because they became the National Covid Service. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if some of those operations could have went ahead safely but didnā€™t because the NHS likes to piss around at times rather than get things done.

1 Like

At the end the scientists say that we do not know how dangerous it is. Not now.

:clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

And, at least not to forget: the amount of work in front of this XDC which is now for nothing. Employees speeded time and power for organizing. That is nothing somebody likes to throw away. But Corona destroys events like this. And the many, many people which do not want to get vaccinated.

To counter this, I have had nothing but delightful experiences with everyone at Xojo. I just disagree with their technical philosophy. I enjoyed non-coding sessions at XDC and think the whole team generally works very hard.

6 Likes

XDCs were always fun to do and the people were the best part of it

7 Likes

Iā€™m with Phillip. I have had plenty of positive encounters with Xojo employees over the years. Do I disagree on their roadmap and priorities? Absolutely!

Putting on an event like XDC is a fair bit of work. Until youā€™ve done one yourself (Iā€™ve done 2) you really donā€™t have much room to complain.

I enjoyed the many XDCā€™s Iā€™ve been to. The people in the community made the event and it was fun reconnecting with them over the years. I learned more in the hallway, generally, than I did in the sessions.

10 Likes

And itā€™s 68% of over fifties which is the group most at risk.

In the UK you are not forced to undergo a medical procedure against your will, everybody who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated. We even have walk-in ā€œgrab-a-jabā€ vaccination points in shopping malls, no appointment necessary. Both my partner and eldest daughter got themselves jabbed whilst out clothes shopping in the Grafton Centre, Cambridge. I donā€™t know why youā€™re under the illusion the UK is ā€œstrugglingā€ with the rollout, I canā€™t see how it could be any easier.

As for Xojo cancelling XDC, I think itā€™s the right thing to do in current circumstances.

3 Likes

The ā€œstruggleā€ is NOT in the availability, it is about the anti vaxxer who will not get any dose or those who will not complete all of them even having the vaccine so at hand.

That is why he said: ā€œThe people who have not had their vaccine by now will never have it so we shouldnā€™t shutdown the rest of the country for them.ā€ and I totally agree with that. If the goverment provided it and the people took it, lets not fuck up more the economy and the lives of everyone just for those who say that the virus dont exists

1 Like

Take the Austrian stance and penalize JUST the unvaccinated
Not vaccinated ? yeah YOU dont get to go out in public
Not vaccinated ? if you ARE out in public big fine $1500 Euros the first time with increasing fines each time (like driving without a license)

3 Likes

I told Richard they should have less session, more in between timeā€¦ and more little tables and chairs around the conference room for little discussion

1 Like

Discriminating against unvaccinated people and the idea of mandatory vaccines just seems like madness and a slippery slope to some dystopian future.

1 Like

Actually it sounds like the right thing to do for the public good.

-karen

4 Likes

When you have to discrimante against stupidity to avoid healt hazards fot the public is another thing. Their right to be stupid and dont believe what they cant understand must end when the rights of other persons to a healty life begins.

3 Likes

ā€œfor the public goodā€. lol.

Are you really suggesting that the government has the right to force on people a medical procedure that we donā€™t know the long term side effects of and has been known to result in death?

Why donā€™t we just round them up and put them in some kind of camp ā€œfor the public goodā€. I remember reading how well that went last time.

1 Like

Why stop at unvaccinated people? Why donā€™t we include fat people as well since they are a burden on the health system.

oh, here we go again :frowning:

Godwins law strikes again.
Iā€™ve had just about enough of this.

I think s7g2vp2, you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet, I was responding to XojoPro who was singing a different tune :wink:

I agree. The fruitcakes that believe Bill Gates is injecting people with microchips are the minority of those who have refused the vaccine, most just have genuine concerns at the way theyā€™ve been produced so quickly.

1 Like