WOOHOO! 6 Months suspension … 😂

You know American companies and their minimal viable product.
Like Apple decided to ship 1.0 iPhones without copy & paste.

Interesting, I always though it was three strikes and you’re out. I guess they’ve changed that as they probably needed the ability to instantly fully ban someone. Lucky Markus, you don’t have to hang up your stirring spoon yet :wink:

I guess Xojo thinks iOS is completed too. Muahahahaha.

Edit: Web too!

Well, Markus has now been in stir enough times that <dated_movie_reference> Steve McQueen will play him in the movie </dated_movie_reference> :slight_smile:

Edit: “The Great Escape”, not “Papillon” :slight_smile:

This is really the only thing that really makes me wary about Xojo, and I’ve been around a long time. If folks want to hide from discussions about bugs that’s fine with me. It’s when they want to hide the discussion from me that gets my ire up

3 Likes

Precisely why INN was started

And Xojo is curious about what goes on here (and on the INN Discord Discord link expired - #2 by HalGumbert)

@alyssa has a login here and posted several times
And we know they read - anonymously or otherwise

1 Like

To me a Minium Viable Product = Maximum Vexing Product!

Anytime you try to use one for something non-trivial, you run into a lot of roadblocks!!!

-Karen

3 Likes

Dont they usually rush something to sell it on the black friday?

Black Friday certainly makes sense
Guess we’ll see won’t we ?

Wasn’t the last promotion a “Buy a license, get a lite license for someone else for free” instead of 20% off? I interpreted that as “We need all the money we can get, and we need more users” so it will be interesting to see what they come up with this time …

A buy one, give one away is a nice thing. Claris does that regularly in fall.

Like Norman buys one and gives one to Markus.

I’d assume there will be again a BlackFriday sale this year for new licenses.

NORMAAAaaaaannnnn … did you hear what Christian said you should do …?

:blush:

Christian could buy two and give one to Norman and one to you Markus

1 Like

PC POLICE!!! please use

A weekday of an alternative color

Well if Xojo does that I would not mind paying someone half price for the “free” license so we each wind up getting half off! :wink:

20% Off is just not enough to entice me to buy given everything. (might think about it with 30%+ off)

Something has come some up at work where an in-house web app would be useful… but if I got a web (or pro) license, I would use the “new” license to build a web app with 2019R1.1

I don’t know web tech and would not want to have to climb the learning curve with Web 2… From what I can tell Web 1 is a lot closer to Desktop than Web 2… and I want a web app that acts and looks more like a desktop app!

In the early days of Web 1 I managed to create useful web app without too much of a learning curve and I’m sure it has matured a good bit since then, before Xojo abandoned it!

-Karen

1 Like

As I recall it was a free LITE single desktop version, not a “buy one get an identical free” offer.

Well, there is already a “White Sunday”, a “Green Monday”, a “Green Tuesday”, a “Blue Monday”, “Black Friday”, … seems the PC Police should prioritise dealing with the discrimination of the days and not their colour … :grin:

… but do they give away a “lite” license or a full one … :thinking:

Day after USA Thanksgiving day :stuck_out_tongue:

It was just the 20% and for marketing, the new version was released 3 days before.