Why not sponsor a new Xojo employee?

LiveCode have been doing this for years now - raising money for new features/developments and they always seem to exceed their targets. Maybe there is something in this for specific use cases where the actual goal is predetermined and achievable.

2 Likes

The problem, as I see it, is that the micromanagement style that Geoff uses isn’t possible with a bigger staff. It’s just the right size now that he can see what everyone is doing all day long. More developers means he has less ability to direct their daily tasks.

1 Like

What’s important to you is not necessarily important to me. I might need another fix which you currently don’t care about. And then there is Xojo… both issues might not be important at all in their picture.

Such a license at least allows you to let Xojo fix a couple of issues that are important to you sooner rather than later. After having tried DarkMode support on Windows and reporting what I’ve found I’ve requested 2 Tickets to be fixed last week: 68545, 67548.

For example: That’s why there is the MSSQLDatabase Plugin shipping with Xojo.

However, there are these kind of issues/requests where it’s obvious that Xojo knows better. Such as the request to have a per project setting for API 1/2. Ranked 16, would be super helpful to many developers. That must be a hard decision for them, as they want to push users to API 2. Listening to their users would slow that down or maybe even mean that API 2 is not that important.
I doubt that a sponsorship or whatever would get us these kind of features.

Still… I’d love to see quite some Framework/Compiler issues fixed - even if they don’t affect everyone. It’s only once someone runs into that… where all these discussions start again and again.

I’m glad thats your experience
I’ve had 0 success getting any bug accelerated

Maybe it’s you? :wink:

-Karen

Yah think ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like