Web Awesome

lol, they updated the page with the real goal…

1 Like

Or maybe they just realized
HOLY SHIT we’re gonna get a LOT more $ pledged than we ever dreamt of !

Not their first time…

The “every 50k” and “every 100k” images had space for 1M from the start.
The last font awesome campaing ended with $1.076.960 when asking for the same 30k…

so they just announce awesome stuff & deliver so folks are jazzed to support them ?

good !

2 Likes

:thinking: imagine if Geoff did that…

1 Like

Yes, something like that. I was backer in past campaigns and still use my font awesome pro.

Maybe in another life :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Totally oposits, the creator of font awesome is comunity driven, he can deliver awesome stuff because he listens and give people what they want

The other… well, he just thinks that he knows what people want and dont want others to tell him how to run his company…

That is the main diference beetween barely existing vs being user by billions.

2 Likes

font awesome is really nice. We have also licensed it. They really know how to fit customers needs

2 Likes

They hit $300k.

If they hit $400k, a Data Grid Component will be added!

1 Like

what I told ya for many years… open source xojo…
but the window of opportunity is more and more closing…

The real trick to open sourcing it is how does the company, and its staff, make money from that model ?

And dont get me wrong I know there are some companies doing this (Red Hat, Suse, etc)
But Xojo would need to see how they can move from the closed source model to an open source one and still pay salaries

In the end I dont think they will open source things even if the company were to go bankrupt

With Font Awesome they have a Free version and a Pro version with an annual subscription.

Font Awesome is super useful, so I subscribe to Pro. Web Awesome looks like the same model, but the price, post kickstarter, is high enough to make me make sure that Web Awesome is worth it or not.

Same thinking for me with Xojo. I stopped “subscribing” when its value dropped.

1 Like

Oh I have no doubt that there are ways to do it
Possibly like Font Awesome where there is a fully free to use GPL’d version + additional services

I have no idea what that might look like for Xojo
Nor do they so the trepidation of switching to such a model is, I’m sure, VERY high

$400k add the Data Grid… :slight_smile:

If it hits $500k, Charting will be added.

Almost at $500k which would add charting.

Charting is now included!

$600k adds Combobox / Typeahead control.

3 posts were split to a new topic: The benefit of having a real Roadmap

I split this to a new topic so not to derail this thread
Sorry folks

3 hours to go. Will it it $700k?

Whooohoo. Now with a Date Picker.

1 Like