Uninstall..........xxxxx

See that is the crux of this …
You say the media is lying… Karen and I say the President is lying.
You say “we” are bowing to our feelings and emotions, and “we” say that you are

Making this a pointless conversation

1 Like

We don’t have a media any longer, so the ‘facts’ we get there are unreliable.

You might not trust CSNN, MSNBC, etc
I take them with a grain of salt
Which is why I generally watch or listen to the BBC or other NON-US based broadcasts - they have no skin in the game - no ax to grind as far as US policy goes
They’re not in the Fox bubble or MSNBC bubble or CNN bubble etc

1 Like

The media is demonstrably lying. Making it the only fact that we can ascertain for ourselves.

What if both the media and the President is lying? That’s sort of where I come down on the issue.

(I never expect virtue from a politician, I do expect impartiality from journalists)

An interesting conversation, right up until someone gets their nose out of joint over it. I don’t value any political machination over a friendship.

Your mileage may vary though, I know a lot of people are very invested in it. Sort of like a favorite sports team or Code Editor. ;>

Which media is “lying” ?
And about what ?
I cant say I’ve seen any NEWS outright lying - Opinions like hannity, or some of the msnbc hosts (maddow etc) isnt news and they often get extremely hyperbolic

1 Like

I would posit all media is lying. Further, Walter Cronkite notwithstanding, all media has always lied for one side or the other.

Can you tell me a media source that you believe tells you the truth?

The CBC
It has a well earned reputation
Event the 2 major political parties here respect their honest and accurate reporting
And, if they DO get it wrong, they have NO issue retracting their story and saying so on the public airwaves

The BBC
Same reason

NPR
same reason

Most of the rest (MSBNC, NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox) have obvious liberal or conservative biases

D’ye all think ye could stay focussed and deal with the OP (or was Dave just winding us up?).

Version 2019 was not any better for me. Hope version 2021 brings interesting new features and stability :wink:

Can we pull the plug & restart this one ?
That might clear the bugs out