UI's in Go

Thanks, this is a very nice summary!

nice any easy capabilities for “multi-threading”

I was just thinking about this in the context of the discussion about true multicore threading in Xojo.

Yes, I’ve looked at Fyne carefully. Lack of a webview is a showstopper for me. That requirement and a few others seems to rule out most of the smaller UI toolkit projects, which, to your point about a “handful of devs” probably isn’t a bad thing. There’s a lot of things I’m wary of with GTK, but vanishing overnight isn’t one of them.

That’s a good point, though I’d hope continued growth would expand and maintain the ecosystem. I would expect that it works pretty well with shared libraries.

FWIW, as far as ecosystem growth, this was just now in my inbox; O’Reilly’s survey claims “Java and Python were the leaders by a long way and saw minor gains, while interest in Rust and Go grew 20% each. Go was the third most popular language, followed by C++, JavaScript, C#, C, Rust, Microsoft’s JavaScript superset TypeScript, R, Kotlin, and Scala.” Top programming languages and topics: Here’s what developers want to learn about | ZDNET

While I find the absolute ranking in this survey questionable, growing interest in Go isn’t, and at least it doesn’t seem to be going in the wrong direction!