TOF: Closed without even commenting it

Slowly i am starting to hate this behavior. A shame how they treat the community…

What are you expecting when it’s showed that their blogpost is Nonsens???

I know. But i‘d loke to say: „An open talk“ :slight_smile:

This doesn’t seem too “open and honest”

We pride ourselves on being open and honest with everyone we interact with.

source

See it is not so that tof is an open forum! Exactly that is needed: where we can talk about the bugs and the behavior of the company. It is this way they communicate. And this way they think they can do it whst has to stop. And people need to know that there are alternatives.

I’ve seen that coming as the replies have been posted…

The power of admitting a weakness - I guess that would work much better for Xojo…

For those interested - the first two google search results about that (I haven’t read them in detail, can’t say about the reliability of these articles. But I think it shows the idea or principle):

Learn from your mistakes
But you have to realize & admit they were mistakes

EDIT : from the first link

EGO stands for “Ease Good Out.” When our ego tries to protect us from failure, humiliation, or wrongdoing, it can reek of conceit and arrogance.

I would like to have the opportunity to modernize the listbox and other Mac controls, so that they are closer to native on the Mac, without having to write custom subclasses based upon what I think Xojo are doing underneath.

Just my 2¢ for this matter.