Sometimes good things have to come to an end

what do you think why I was fighting with him on TOF until he said this stuffs about we will help und provide Support? While I lost really much money in that moment and I realizes that. Result: O have got banned from the forums for 1000 years after speaking truths. Also: Dave, Hal, Norman. And that is the way they act.

I can assure you that his belly store has even more shell games on offer:

But you never opened tickets?!
How could you, when the app always crashed and was cumbersome to use?

Often used just to calm down people that it is not their fault

But we always need tickets!
Yes, that’s understandable. But you lose interest when there’s no feedback, other than the usual: we’re missing info, not reproducible, etc.

Yes, we are working on a Web App for that, but meanwhile you still need to open cases. Current status. We have “issues” (which is progress) and tons of bugs got auto archived by bots.

We need priorities. Please choose your 5 favorite bugs!
I can’t list how many times this was argued. It is normal that bugs are different per customer, especially with so many “platforms”. Some have never worked with web, but get upset when web users are unhappy on the forum. But certain “bugs” are not bugs, they are “issues” for once, they are simply a non-functioning feature (the file uploader for example).

They used August to close 100 bugs and a considerable higher amount were reported in parallel.

yes simple ploy, but not a smart ploy.

At least it is transparent for veterans. That was the only reason why I felt compelled to give him that in my answer.

Of course, this is lost lifetime, but at least you can reassure yourself that you have tried everything.

As high the pile of fixed bugs will be, the pile of not fixed ones is always higher in that environment. And the next is: when having issues you should be sure that your issue is

• upcoming also in the last version of Xojo
    -your program is running the last version of Xojo
  • you are not referring to an old Xojo Version
  • you follow the advises of the forum.

So what is now with the Bug from 2019…do you have an Idea, how old that Bug is while that framework was ten years old.

So was what I got as answers out of the discussions of the last days. So there is a good chance for Xojo Developers to develop long term usable Software. But, sadly, not with Xojo while you are always in the risk that with the next Version changes coming up. And they can break your entire Sourcecode.

Very true, their process is quite Kafka-esque. Entertaining but useless.

2 Likes

No doubt about it. In my professional live I met a number of corporate execs who employed the same manipulative techniques. All ultimately failed. People cannot be fooled ad infinitum. It is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Oh with banning the people he can hold his portal free from that guys. That it will not work forever he will get soon. Your’e right.

While you have the luxury to throw people out. When people begin to leave on their own device…

That is the risk when running a company like this. I also applied out how they could get this all to the right point. But that is something they don’t want to. With short term supported Versions they could develop feature for feature, change for change. No Problem. Everybody would know: the LTS Version of the product is for production and if you do it with this version it can lead into problems. But no.They decided to have one major version where every new technology is implemented directly into the production version and the one before is immediately deprecated. That is leading into this situation like it is now.

1 Like

1 Like

no while they do not change the release system. I begged for changes but they decided to do even worse.

yes, but it is the solution for me, as they don’t fix it. Otherwise I might need to go back :wink:

1 Like

people here, you have too much free time writing endless texts over and over about same topics.

2 Likes

Hi Dude,

thank you.

Yepp. Thank you for informing us. Mr. We don’t like you so it will not change anything. And if you don’t like it: you can go to another place.

1 Like

Oh yes, time saved by not coding Xojo bug workarounds. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Fully agree with you.