Production ready Toolchains for Cross Platform Desktop

Just because it comes from you, that sounds like a very good plan.

We all like to be emotional because we also ran through problems with Xojo that not every reader here understands. Being on the verge of crashing your company, as in your case, is no fun. And the Inc. just didn’t show any understanding at all, except that we’re no longer the target group. Brilliant.

In my opinion, however, many misunderstandings on INN are based on cultural differences and nuances in the choice of words, which are taken up differently depending on the country.

When it comes to programming languages: we should all take it by the nose that there is no right and no wrong here. Everyone has different requirements, their own background. And every tool has its strengths.

Down to business:
I think it would be good if we differentiate between 2 scenarios and maybe create separate categories for them:

1. How can I replace parts of Xojo with something else
  2. How can I replace the complete range of functions with one(!) new solution.

Under 1) would then fall e.g. quasar for web, GO for APIs etc., fyne for small GUIs, etc.
Under 2) definitely JAVA, WinDEV, MAUI etc.

Does that make sense?

In any case, I think that it creates a lot of unrest that we are mixing up those 2 categories. One has found an alternative to his problem with Xojo and is happy with Flutter or whatever. Others are looking for the new big picture and a replacement for Xojo as such. And we even have people who never used all the functionality of Xojo, and consequently might not need a jack of all trades at all.

1 Like