No more www.bkeeneybriefs.com/

He did sell house kids cars pets etc etc :stuck_out_tongue:

Soon Bob will be NFA - a term we used in policing to describe a person with No Fixed Address
That often meant “homeless” or “transient”

He sold the kids??? :scream:

1 Like

Doesnt every parent ?
What else are kids for once they get past puberty ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You start out wiping their behind, and end up with them wiping yours :wink:

Oh well I’m the type of guy who will never settle down
Where pretty girls are well, you know that I’m around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em 'cause to me they’re all the same
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em they don’t even know my name
They call me the wanderer, yeah the wanderer
I roam around around around

That’s what a super wide angle lens does: makes a broom cupboard look like a basketball stadium. :smile:

I wondered how the globe trotters got in my pantry
Now I know :slight_smile:

iu

You read my mind Bob. I’ve been looking for a nice class B.

We need something bigger that we can live in. Haven’t looked at class Bs in a long time so I can’t offer any suggestions.

1 Like

It’s just me and my skinny dog. I’m not to keen on anything I can’t park normally. I’m a low hassle sort.

I’m jealous. We have to wait a couple more years to start full-timing (for my wife to reach full retirement from the state).

Is that a Grand Design model?

What are you using for internet?

Good eye. It is a Grand Design. We will start off with cell data and eventually StarLink.

Do you follow Changing Lanes?

As you may already know, most full-time RVers use more than one carrier (either two cellular or one cellular and one satellite) because coverages and saturation always vary. I have Verizon and recently joined FMCA just to get their Sprint/T-Mobile hotspot offering. It works very well and is a great deal!

I am watching a lot of Changing Lanes videos recently. I’m sure our internet needs will require some additional equipment and plans. For work I can sometimes go through a ton of data in a day.

The sadness of loosing BKeeneybriefs is beside the happiness of your new employed live. And that counts. I hope for you that you can enjoy that situation until retirement! And in the same moment I have to say thank you for the work around the XoJo Community over years you have done. Informations, your Ideas, thinkings, your experience and knowledge and tons of time you where investing for the community. Thank you for that!

Thanks. I was always surprised and amazed and the people that actually read (and mostly liked) my thoughts on Xojo. When I did the Xojo training videos I was embarrassed to show mistakes but then the consistent feedback was that people learned different ways to debug by watching me solve the issue (all I can say is thank god for video editing to make it looked like I figured it out easily).

We started the Association of REALbasic Professionals 15(?) years ago with the aim of showing Xojo what we needed as pro’s. Sadly, that didn’t work out and when I stepped away the organization folded pretty quickly. In that time I don’t think Xojo has invested nearly enough effort to maintain existing developers and I feel in the next 2 years they’ll be surpassed by .NET with their cross platform capabilities.

I’m still a Xojo developer in my day job and some consulting work. I feel like I’ve said what I needed to say. I’ve been a huge cheerleader, hugely critical of the product, and all shades of in-between. I’ve been accused of being a shill for Xojo and for singlehandedly delaying the Xojo IDE by 6 months. After all that time and effort I don’t think Xojo, the company, really appreciated what I was trying to do. Users got it but I always felt that Xojo wanted me as a pure cheerleader rather than someone that like, well, was a power user.

Anyway, appreciate all the good thoughts and wishes. I hope that I can travel in the RV near you and we can meet for a meal or a drink (or both) and reminisce about our experiences with Xojo. You can always private message me, send me an email to my standard bobk at bkeeney account. Probably be in the southeast this fall and into winter and after that? Who knows, wherever the winds take us.

5 Likes

Remember the source… Brad was not the most reasonable of people!!!

IMO Xojo inc has managed to hurt not only the product with its missteps and how they have handled them, but also what was an amazingly helpful, devoted and knowledgeable community.

IMO the community is not what it once was because of it once was because so many long term users became disillusioned with the company.

-Karen

2 Likes

Indeed we did
Hard to believe it was that long ago and then I bailed out to take the job

1 Like