markdownDS - Now available in Swift!

Dave’s is also not CommonMark compliant. Mine has a full test suite of hundreds of edge cases.

2 Likes

If you think this is true, please indicate (if you would) in what way it is NOT…

Hi Dave,

I just found this discussion. What’s the odds of adding a LaTeX to HTML translation via iosMath? I need to be able to display equations along with text in some of my apps. The existing LaTeX-displaying controls for the Mac are too limiting because they either:
A. Do most of what LaTeX can do, including justification, typefaces, and text colors, but are difficult to program and are a few years old,
B. Do only very simple LaTeX (but not multiple lines, or with boldfaced or italics or color symbols or numbers). Some paste only allow mathematical expressions alone — no text at all!

If I had a LaTeX to HTML translator, even if it only covered text and equations, I could just display the results in a WKWebView. If you’re interested in tackling this, or if you don’t mind my taking a stab at it with your code, please let me know.

Scott

To be honest… .not something I’d be interested in pursuing…

Thanks anyway. I just realized that there’s a much easier way to solve my problem.

All of my equations are already in fixed LaTeX code and I’d found a few controls that could read that directly and display the equations. But relying upon an open-source control to interpret the LaTeX and display it like I want it has not been without its problems. In searching for a simple solution, I’d actually complicated the problem.

Why not forget the total-solution-in-a-control, when I can use a control built into macOS and iOS already? Use a LaTeX to HTML translator to convert the difficult to deal with LaTEX into simple HTML, then use that HTML in my program instead of the LaTeX code — a WKWebView is made for displaying HTML. The all I have to do is instantiate a WKWebView and feed it my HTML. Voila! Problem solved.