Labelling others

Its definitely different online than in person

Indeed
I gave up trying to make amends as it was apparent that whatever I did would be inadequate

I was labelled “that misogynist” and so I could never be anything else apparently

There’s that damned lazy easy way to avoid how people really are again :stuck_out_tongue:

Loose → Tight
Lose → Win
I’m not pointing that out to be petty, I just think you’re the kind of person that likes to get it right.

“Racist” in itself has become a label used to try to stifle debate and control what opinions people are allowed to express. Baseless accusations of racism are scattered around like confetti now.

1 Like

One more label for you :smiley:

Never thought you would be, and yes, I appreciate it. (and I actually do know that one, but sometimes it slips through).

In my opinion you have to have a weird sense of self if you rather continue to embarrass yourself with bad English rather than learn about a mistake you make.

And considering that I had to repeat a year at school because I was so bad at languages (English, Latin, AND German) and a teacher wrote under an essay of mine “Markus, never ever do anything with English” … and that in 1989 (so a far less tolerant time) I spend the first 6 months in Edinburgh talking about my “boy friends” and “girl friends” because I had concluded from the girls always talking about their girlfriends that male friends are “boy friends” and female friends are “girl friends” … I really REALLY appreciate everyone’s help in getting me to my current level. Couldn’t have done it without them.

P.S.

too, not to … another one that slipped through … fixed it …

See me care …? :grin:

apathetic :stuck_out_tongue: