Just say no

@beatrixwillius: I think you misunderstand Garry there:

Blue jobs (for the boys): construction worker, farm labourer, road worker, cleaner

Pink jobs (for the girls): lawyer, doctor, scientist, manager

:grin:

Yes, it is. He really should not discriminate against his boys like that. After all, this is the century of the fruit bat.

:roll_eyes:

P.S. my wife adds “the girts can tell them how to clean” (a supervisor’s job)

:flushed:

Didn’t work like that back when I was married, my boys can cook way better than my daughter and my daughter can kick their asses :slight_smile:

well I’m 64yo, so I was raised in the 60’s… and with two slightly younger sisters… My parents made sure, the I could cook, sew, do the dishes, and that my sisters could fix a flat, take out the trash etc… So there were no “blue jobs” and “pink jobs”… but everything was I guess a “light purple” :D.

Now while I don’t sew… I do still cook and do the dishes…
The irony is, both my sisters married men who do that ALL the time … Matter of fact I don’t think one of my sisters cooks much at all anymore.

Sounds like my household as well
I did as much house work for chores as my sisters
And they had to help out cutting grass and shovelling snow and all those “heavy jobs” as well

There was just a job jar and you took one and did it

Well that was one thing none of us ever did… Nobody in my household EVER shoveled SNOW …

We didn’t have a “jar”… but a rotating schedule… so the same jobs got spread out evenly… most of the time

Seasons are fun
We have em all - sometimes all in one day :stuck_out_tongue:

I know your from Southern CA and to you it seems unimaginable to be out when its -30C (-22F) but here thats just a winter day. Having grown up here I cannot imagine having to put up with +30C (85F) for days on end. We often have windows open but almost never turn A/C on. It’s just not worth it.

It’s just what we grew up with and what we know.

EDIT - lets keep this on topic NORM !!!

During the time I lived in Indiana my two older kids were the official snow shovelers.

When I was younger my family took a month long vacation every year either in the US or Canada during winter. I’m the oldest of 3 brothers and back then I was the designated snow shoveler. It was only fair for me to inherit the chore to my kids.