Flutter Desktop - All 3 platforms are now ALPHA

hahahahaha!

The 2 might as well be written by diifferent companies (I think that might be the case - pretty sure VS for Mac was written by Xamarin). They are nothing like each other and VS for Windows is a completely different beast.

Xamarin is microsoft owned

MS engineers said it was clever but was extremely fragile esp when it came to shims for various patches etc
I’m sure I could find the post somewhere if I looked IF its that intriguing

powers ?
huh…

What about that article from a former Google insider that shows how Google often breaks stuff and has an almost “planned obsolescence” mentality (referenced here)? Could the same fate befall Flutter? Or is it more isolated like Android? And since Google isn’t producing this as a revenue source, isn’t it much more likely that they’ll either abandon it or just completely hose it someday?

I can’t afford to commit a lot of resources to learning/using a development system that could just “disappear” one day (note that I include Xojo in this category now, which is why I’m continuing to evaluate other options).

Like android? What are you talking about, andoid IS changing A LOT and to have a decent app, you have to be up to date with the changes, I think Flutter will be no exception.

I heard from a bird that Google is patiently advancing a powerful OS that parts of it powers Google IOT devices right now. And that Dart is a first citizen language for it and Flutter does its GUI… For years now. The commitment of the pair Flutter/Dart is massive now, many large organizations depends on them, including Google. A 100+ engineers effort. Years. Large corporations, even Banks, like the Brazilian NU Bank is using it. So, no, Flutter/Dart are here for a long journey

I forgot to mention what @scottc remembered, it’s on GitHub. If a meteor cleans Google from the map, the continuity is guaranteed by the community.

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LazySolidHarrier-size_restricted.gif

oh you should be banned for Austin Powers
plain and simple no debate just gone :slight_smile: