Fixing Web 2 memory leaks

First: it can handle withserver based and for the jscript paw there is no limit. I have one system with 2000 concurrent users in university Intranet and it runs like charm. The Cuba platform will still be in maintenance for years and the migration to jmix is not that bit business

So I can not see what is the problem. Cuba uses vaadin which is really approved and performance and for jscript it uses gwt what is anyhow performant with a great reliability

That’s strange. I’ve deployed two Web 2.0 solutions without any issues at all - are there a set of circumstances that makes this memory leaking more likely?

Linux web app has memory leaks issues prior to 2021R1.1 i think. The windows version should be ok . i have several web 2.0 web app running fine in windows s.

Linux was leaking during HTTP comm. So in few hours doing “nothing” we will have a memory overflow. The r1.1 said fixed that ONE. But now JSON, used in such communications, is leaking, as found by Christian, so leaking moved from one point to another. Also Dictionaries holding Pairs does not unwind and leak.

up until now just running on linux was sufficient
didnt even have to do anything (there’s posts on the other forums about doing exactly this and watching memory usage climb)

but - those arent the issues that affect the projects that I’m working on at the moment
we havent deployed anything using web 2 because of other web 2 issues

Well, I hope the other issue I found with JSON gets fixed soon for 2021r2.

A leak is usually no problem if it happens slow enough and you have enough swap space to store the no longer needed data.

The session leak fixed in 2021r1.1 was huge with easily 10 MB per session on a decent web application.

I think I’ll give them more time now, will check again when R3 appears or something. Maybe the 2022r2, I don’t know. Maybe in the Black Friday of 2022 I’ll buy something just to get the last stable one to play around, if one exists by that time. If not, probably by 2023 I will be forced to forget Xojo.

2 Likes

Were this release 1.0 way back in the 1990’s I might be more charitable & optimistic

After all these years lets just say I’m severely skeptical and awaiting evidence that things WILL & CAN be different

I’d love to be proven wrong

That’s the problem.

1 Like

Well, I expected the linker to get native on Apple Silicon quickly. It didn’t become final before the r1 date and eventually someday thing have to ship.

We have a few web projects, so I push a bit to get Web 2 better, so we can plan a transition from 1 to 2.

As long as there is no support for Styles I would have to write tons of css and many components are not really working so moving is impossible

I did too based on apples not a fork from someone

Web 2 still needs help - listbox, positioning items that gets reset , and others as noted in Xojo’s forums

When will responsive containers be introduced??? [ sorry I went off topic. ]

Xojo already aswer that: “When they are ready” :sweat_smile: