Compiler programming comparisons?

When you plan and prepare something for 3 years, and on the 4th you announce that you will release it, it is an ambitious project of one year, or it is the closing year of a 4 years project? DotNet5 and 6 were being planned for years. They have hidden prototype plans for DotNet7 and some ideas for the DotNet8 already.

Oh I have no doubt this is the result of lots of work & effort before now
I just meant that there’s still a lot to do and to see they have put a stake in the ground for next year is impressive

Someone should point that out to

But if people look carefully, where is Microsoft headed with 5eir games platform and browser?

MS is headed to take all of Xojo’s marbles in one shot next year

Seems people simply have no idea what else is available / coming in the next little while

1 Like

There’s no shortage of opinions, mine included, as to what Xojo should focus on. But as to free M$ Xplat solution I don’t know what they can do to differentiate themselves enough to warrant $700. Is the clean basic syntax enough?

It appears the market for x-platform tools could get increasingly crowded in the next while
MS and Google and there seem to be several others
What remains to be seen is whether they also encroach on the IDE with visual designer or not