Business relationships and friends

… if I will call his wife and tell her that he has an affair :wink:

oh cruel !!!

funny as hell

but cruel

1 Like

What does it mean? Non-native speaker question.

Basically to tolerate or put up with the unwanted behavior.

Thanks!

Even with a common language, I remember one of the Monty Python troupe mentioning that they were surprised by their popularity in the US. But much of their material still works here even though we don’t really get the references. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatever you say Bruce ! :slight_smile:

It sounds to me like Joe liked the idea but not the reality of implementing it and you may have taken the ball and run with it more than he thought you would … and then he chickened out and ghosted you. This may not mean he actively disrespects you so much as that he’s a coward and an avoidant personality. I would definitely not do business with someone like that again. As to the friendship side, it depends on a lot of variables I don’t know, but friendships are built on trust and this is a definite breach of trust … so personally I would at least not invest further in the friendship.

Here in Botswana, when you make an appointment at 10 am, don’t be surprised when that person shows up at 02 pm or even at 10 am the next day. This is acceptable behaviour in this country. Nothing to be upset about, when somebody doesn’t show up, everybody assumes that that person will have a good reason.

It is just what country you live in. I know Germans are very punctual and direct, which is a good habit.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Spam Spam Spam Spam Eggs and Spam, except the eggs are off today.

Not much of a cheese shop, is this?

2 Likes