Bob‘s ActiveRecord class?

I’m really looking forward for a Web 2.0 version :slight_smile:

The ActiveRecord library works with the Xojo supported databases, so if your schema was the same you would only have to change the database class return type in a couple spots. So yes? ActiveRecord and ARGen aren’t for the conversion though, they’ll just be able to connect after you perform it.

Well, Web 2.0 has to release before I can look into User Interface generation for it. I want to give them the space they need to solidify their features and framework before working on anything. However, the API 2.0 ActiveRecord library will work with an API 2.0 only framework :slight_smile:

With the release today, the separate ActiveRecord library download is available on the ActiveRecord page once again :slight_smile: This newest version features the VerifyClass functionality and includes the API 2.0 library as well!

Edit:
Info page: https://strawberrysw.com/activerecord/
Direct download: https://strawberrysw.com/download/click.php?id=activerecord

care to add the link to it in your post ?

File not Found for the ActiveRecord download…

I downloaded ARgen itself Tim’s website and tried to run it in demo mode (no license) with the Demo SQlite DB that came with the BKeeney download.

When I tried to generate the project ,the I got a message dialog that generation failed with a NilObjectException. OSX 10.14.6

BTW Tim, you might want to make clear in your advertising that the user has a choice to generate API 1 or API 2 code. I thought it was just API 2 from what I read until I actually ran the ARGen app.

-karen

Tried it as well - same issue with NilObjectException

Huh … I used it the other day I think before the update and it worked fine for me

I know tim wasnt feeling well yesterday and maybe he’s not again today

Same here too

Hi everyone!

Thank you to Norman for helping out where he could. I’ve had a rough start to my week, ARGen was supposed to come out on Tuesday! I think I’ve caught up to everything from yesterday.

I have uploaded the ActiveRecord zip - that hadn’t gotten staged (neither had the ExeWrapper page!)

I have fixed the NilObjectException! It was an issue with the demo mode and SQLite that I’m quite surprised didn’t get found.

Updates are uploaded, and thank you all for sticking with me through this. I appreciate the amount of effort you’ve all been putting in to trying out ActiveRecord and ARGen. I do hope to get everyone squared away, and I hope y’all find it useful! Please email me directly if there’s anything I can do to help you get started with ActiveRecord or ARGen!

Best wishes,
Tim Parnell

3 Likes

I just wanted to bump this thread to let everyone know that I’ve released an update to the ActiveRecord library. This update brings the connection pool to the Desktop library for thread-safe connection juggling.

[2020.02] - August 4, 2020
New:

• MBS SQL DatabaseAdapter for Microsoft SQL Server

Fixed:

• MySQL null saving

Changed:

• Adds support for multiple MSSQL FieldSchema types
  • Desktop now uses connection pooling for threading support

More information about ActiveRecrod and the download are available on the website: https://strawberrysw.com/activerecord

2 Likes

No more ArGen? ActiveRecord? The download for ActiveRecord still works, but there is no webpage for it or ArGen.

As Xojo continues to push me away and with the latest few “episodes”, I am making moves to reduce my losses.

I have found a new home for ActiveRecord and ARGen, and we plan to make a more official announcement sometime this week or next. If you need more details immediately please reach out privately.

I removed the website parts to avoid issues with selling new licenses for ARGen.

2 Likes

More sad