Another Forum area for B4X?

Thanks for the comment Jay. I downloaded B4J and am figuring out what I may be able to do.

There is helpful information at: https://www.b4x.com/android/documentation.html

@Erel,

I have been looking at the B4X programming language, and I am quite impressed. I have a few general questions that I would like your thoughts - sorry to put you on-the-spot. These are really general questions.

1. Where do you see your vision for the B4X suite of programs? For example, do you see the company as being a strong database company, or possibly focusing more on graphics, or possibly general programming for other platforms, or electronics?

2. What do you see as the core of the B4X language and the language development in the future? An example is to make the code very similar to Visual Basic 6, or Java, or some other language?

3. B4X is currently free and open source. Is the intention to keep B4X open source and free forever? Company growth also has more employees, with wages, and other costs. Just curious at what your long-term financial goal is, thats all :slight_smile:

I’ve developed a couple of apps in B4A but they were small and I’m far from an expert. Anyway I was very impressed. I have another app that I need to develop, a serverside one and I plan to do it in B4j. It’s still a big hurdle for me to do this but less so than for any other tool I’ve looked at. The forum there is absolutely amazing. Chances are the answer to any question you have is already there. If not then answers aren’t long coming, not least from Erel himself. Plus there’s none of the Stepword Wives atmosphere of artificial civility that pervades the Xojo forum.

1 Like

The vision behind B4X is to allow developers with any skill level, to develop real world solutions that run on modern platforms.

Big no.
B4X is a simple and powerful programming language. Like VB it is a RAD programming language.

Note that B4i is not free.
These days, all of the popular development tools are free. We believe that the license cost behind B4A was a growth barrier. You can read more here: It's time to grow | B4X Programming Forum

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Erel.

The B4X suite looks very good!

that would be wonderful… how to do thing on both

You can find many tutorials on Getting Started Examples | B4X Programming Forum
which will help for the first steps. If you are used to Xojo you may fast find a way to work with it. Try. And ask if you have Questions. Here or in the B4X Forum. They are nice people and like to help.

anyone can certainly create threads in Tutorials which is a great place top put how to’s etc

Dang it; when I saw this thread resurrected I immediately though it was Eugene announcing the first B4X book. :frowning:

1 Like

that would be great!!

I have been busy working on encryption articles and have been asked a large number of questions (in private messages and emails) and provided workarounds for many of the recent and legacy bugs for Xojo. There has not been much spare time :slight_smile:

I am especially intrigued with B4J with Windows and Raspberry Pi, and need to setup my private Linux server for remote access so that I can complete more work while I am away from my development computer. Maybe its time for me to work in the Computer Programming industry 100% of the time, as there seems to be a large demand. :slight_smile:

Once I finish my last article (hopefully in the next few days) then I can focus on something else. B4J looks very nice and seems to be a good fit for many of my future applications.

5 Likes